Cancer expanding in Algobox?

Things specific to the scene sharing facility "algobox". New scenes, bugs, suggestions, etc.

Cancer expanding in Algobox?

Postby Rideg » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:47 pm

[scene]56129[/scene]
Check the scene out.

Scenes like this needs to be put to sleep in sort of speak. Three noobs joining up because their common abilities. Smiley spam, putting up shit on Algobox (mind my language), and causing unneccessary argument around scenes.

Discuss.
make sure to check out my work.
Rideg

Re: Cancer expanding in Algobox?

Postby TC42 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Well, I got seriously irritated at that lot yesterday, then I realized that it would be better to teach them how to actually use algodoo rather than berate them for their lack of understanding.

Because we can't deny them the right to use the algobox; it is there for everyone.

However, everyone does not have the right to spam that algobox, and there is no way around spam other than to appoint more mods/admins to handle it. As discussed in previous threads, no-one has agreed on a better method.

What do people think about adding groups to the algobox? As in groups that people could start, invite members to, ect. (Yes, this is based off of dA's infrastructure)?

Either that or add a PM function to the algobox, so people won't submit stupid crap like that in order to communicate with others.
Spambot wrote:Nowadays, memes usually are studied less in the field of biology, but more with the arena of psychology along with sociology. But, the major area of a meme, getting embraced and imitated all the time is what’s at any core connected with any meme.
TC42

Postby electronicboy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:49 pm

TC42 wrote:Well, I got seriously irritated at that lot yesterday, then I realized that it would be better to teach them how to actually use algodoo rather than berate them for their lack of understanding.

Because we can't deny them the right to use the algobox; it is there for everyone.

However, everyone does not have the right to spam that algobox, and there is no way around spam other than to appoint more mods/admins to handle it. As discussed in previous threads, no-one has agreed on a better method.

What do people think about adding groups to the algobox? As in groups that people could start, invite members to, ect. (Yes, this is based off of dA's infrastructure)?

Either that or add a PM function to the algobox, so people won't submit stupid crap like that in order to communicate with others.

i say ban them xD

on a serious note, read the algobox rules

chapter 6, sub-note 6,

6. Upload a scene that is not meant to be spread as a scene, but should rather be posted on a bulletin board, market place, or other Service not in the scope of the Service's functionalit;
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby TC42 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:44 pm

Yes, people seem to not read the TOS. Hence the need for more mods to enforce the TOS.

But I wouldn't ban them... yet. I would give them a warning and delete the scene. If they ignored the TOS again I would ban them faster than you could blink.

And yes, I like saying TOS instead of "terms of service" :lol:
Spambot wrote:Nowadays, memes usually are studied less in the field of biology, but more with the arena of psychology along with sociology. But, the major area of a meme, getting embraced and imitated all the time is what’s at any core connected with any meme.
TC42

Postby Dare » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:38 am

I've been fuming about these scenes since the beginning. If I was admin, these scenes wouldn't last 5 seconds on Algobox. I say get rid of them, all of them, no mercy.
ImageImage
TC42 wrote:Dare, you are creepy.

Official Algobox Admin! Please PM me if you have any issues regarding Algobox.
Dare

Postby Kilinich » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:20 am

banned for 2 weeks. let's see if that'll help... ;)
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Postby Chronos » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Oh yeah, Kilinich is a mod. :P
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby Rideg » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Kilinich wrote:banned for 2 weeks. let's see if that'll help... ;)

...And I jizzed in my pa...
make sure to check out my work.
Rideg

Return to Algobox scene sharing