SCENE SPAMMING BS

Things specific to the scene sharing facility "algobox". New scenes, bugs, suggestions, etc.

SCENE SPAMMING BS

Postby HybridSandwtich » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:35 pm

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, THESE LITTLE CHILDREN ARE JUST GETTING RIDICULOUS.

after xuhaiyang_1997 and all his crap there is a "new" guy anar_bbq_555 whom is also just spamming re-uploads

xuhaiyang_1997 has just been recently registered and started to spam after registering, but as of today a "somewhat" new member which is one week older than xuhaiyang_1997 has just copied other peoples scenes and has filled up the Algobox page with stolen scenes

these two accounts must be related in some way and must be deleted,

also I have an idea to prevent spamming and that is to limit an Algobox account to 1 scene per day unless updating the same scene... although this won't remove spamming altogether it will limit it to a reasonable amount.

PLEASE someone!!! please stop this NOW
HybridSandwtich

Re: SCENE SPAMMING BS

Postby TC42 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:01 am

That one scene per day might be a good thing; it would prevent major spamming, and would make people actually think about their scene more before they post it.
Support.

Also, have you tried PMing Emanuel? I'm pretty sure he is working on the scene spamming issue...
Spambot wrote:Nowadays, memes usually are studied less in the field of biology, but more with the arena of psychology along with sociology. But, the major area of a meme, getting embraced and imitated all the time is what’s at any core connected with any meme.
TC42

Postby Chronos » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:22 am

I am completely against one scene per day. Many great users upload multiple scenes a day. If we do have a limit, I'd say five.

The best thing would be a blacklist, so you can stop seeing certain users.
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby HybridSandwtich » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:05 am

Chronos wrote:I am completely against one scene per day. Many great users upload multiple scenes a day. If we do have a limit, I'd say five.

The best thing would be a blacklist, so you can stop seeing certain users.

yes a black list would work, and maybe a limit of 1 will be a bit short... then again its just an idea
HybridSandwtich

Postby Someone Else » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:44 pm

As I recently suggested somewhere else, why not just be forced to ask an admin or a mod specially appointed for this purpose before you can mass-upload?

Or, you can upload scenes past the limit, but they will not show up on Algobox until approved by a mod.

It would work. And it would give some less-known users a chance at being a mod. Keep in mind that if anyone approaches ME about this, I will play Cincinnatus.
Matthias Wandel is epic, in my humble opinion.
I love my brain...
TC42 wrote:Also, your sig is too big, please change it.

ARE YA HAPPY NOW?????

Thymechanic/Phundamentalist

Recently, I discovered something a lot of you probably already knew: Minecraft is awesome.
Due to this, I may not be as active as usual for a while.
Someone Else

Return to Algobox scene sharing