Suggestion - No Flood Rule

Things specific to the scene sharing facility "algobox". New scenes, bugs, suggestions, etc.

Suggestion - No Flood Rule

Postby Nait » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:22 am

Well, maybe this is wrong place to post it or sucth topic exist, I'm sorry, (and for my bad english also :? )...
As I see, algobox is periodically filling with different rubbish.
I mean scenes like "My first car/train/bla-bla-bla" and there is a polygon with two circles...
Or the same under the name "The best ...", oh no, "THE BEST ..." ... after them I'm getting angry and start spiting fire (that was a joke, couse I'm a dragon)
And many other...
Useless scenes, that are annoying and nothing more. :evil:

When I come to algobox, I can't find normal scenes in this ocean of crap... only way (for me) is subscribing for authors I know.

:!: Is it possible to assign a moderator(s) to the algobox? :!:
Nait

Re: Suggestion - No Flood Rule

Postby Kilinich » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:15 am

Just report it (button in algobox).
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Postby Nait » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:35 am

Warning! This page is only to report scenes that violate the Terms of Service.

And where Terms of Service are placed? (After I registered I can't find them... :oops: )

And what will happen after I do?
Nait

Postby RicH » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:00 am

The report notifies the moderators. After that, you only need to wait for them to act(either by ignoring the report or deleting the scene).
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Matten » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:56 am

I think it should be better if there came filters. So you can click a button and all scenes with "My first" and "The Best" and "Must download" etc. are not displayed.
Cave Johnson wrote:Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Matten

Postby Rideg » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Matten wrote:I think it should be better if there came filters. So you can click a button and all scenes with "My first" and "The Best" and "Must download" etc. are not displayed.

what?

Anyway there should be maybe a 2, 3 upload limit a day.
make sure to check out my work.
Rideg

Postby Matten » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Rideg wrote:
Matten wrote:I think it should be better if there came filters. So you can click a button and all scenes with "My first" and "The Best" and "Must download" etc. are not displayed.

what?

I kind of reversed search function, so instead of only displaying the scenes with "Car Game", or "Ultimate Thing", Algobox shows the scenes without "My First", or "Watch This!".
If there should be a button for this with default words like "My First" and "Must See!" and "THA BEST!!!!", you could just press this button and all the scenes with these noob names are not displayed.
Cave Johnson wrote:Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Matten

Postby Nait » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:51 am

Matten wrote:I kind of reversed search function, so instead of only displaying the scenes with "Car Game", or "Ultimate Thing", Algobox shows the scenes without "My First", or "Watch This!".
If there should be a button for this with default words like "My First" and "Must See!" and "THA BEST!!!!", you could just press this button and all the scenes with these noob names are not displayed.

Good idea but name can not correspond content.

Peporting....
Maybe I've lost sight(I get tired reading english texts), but I don't see rule with is violating by this scenes...
Code: Select all
You agree to not use the Service to:
1. Upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. When a user is reported doing so, appropriate measures will be taken. Verbally abusing users or staff is considered poor etiquette and measures can be taken without notice or explanation.
2. Harm minors in any way.
3. Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Algobox Administrator, Moderator, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
4. Upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "Spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
5. Upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
6. Upload a scene that is not meant to be spread as a scene, but should rather be posted on a bulletin board, market place, or other Service not in the scope of the Service's functionalit;
7. Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
8. "Stalk" or otherwise harass another; or
9. Collect or store personal data about other users.

I think, it isn't hard to download and check every new uploaded scene.
How much are them every day? 20-30 I think. Even 100 scenes are not a big trouble.
Nait

Postby kilebantick » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:04 am

Rideg wrote:

what?

Anyway there should be maybe a 2, 3 upload limit a day.

What about the people that make quality scenes, and upload in bulk?

Some of us make a bunch of scenes, and don't upload, then later one, we decide to upload all of the ones we think are relatively good. Not fair on us eh?
kilebantick

Postby Rideg » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:38 pm

How about when You're done with a scene, you upload it. No reason for uploading 'em all at once?
make sure to check out my work.
Rideg

Postby Chronos » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:59 am

Rideg wrote:How about when You're done with a scene, you upload it. No reason for uploading 'em all at once?

You realized most of the people on this forum (including myself) are lazy/procrastinators, right?
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby Mystery » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:56 pm

I've come around to this idea 3 a day would seem more then enough. Anymore would need moderators to give special permission [?]

Looking how the front 2 pages are littered with a certain someone who felt the need to pump out one scene every 10 minutes.
Mystery

Return to Algobox scene sharing