Suggestion | New idea for doobox. For better usage.

Things specific to the scene sharing facility "algobox". New scenes, bugs, suggestions, etc.

Suggestion | New idea for doobox. For better usage.

Postby Jelmerholland » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:50 pm

I think i have a pretty good idea for the new phun/doo/scenebox. just the sharing site.

New extension for algodoo,
Phun = .phz
algodoo should be: .alg (or something), exactly the same as phun, but another name, phun can't open .alg because there are lasers and stuff, but algodoo can also open .phz becuz phun doesn't have more then algodoo.

Q: Why these changes?
A: read the rest of the story (1)

The new site should be called:
scenebox.com / scenesharing.com (or what so ever, no algobox or phunbox anymore, just a general name that could be used for both games/programs)

Q: why another name?
A: because the old names are specially made for algodoo or phun, we need a general site

The new site is exactly the same as phunbox.com, but the site will reconize(1) the extension of the file, so when it's .phz, it says, this is a phunscene, when it's .alg, it's a algodoo scene, it will get a color, blue or red (or whatever, so you can see what type of file it is.

This is the main change, but i have some more.

----------------------------------------------------Groups----------------------------------------------

In the new site, you get a user account of course, but in your useraccount you can make project groups. I will explain
When you make a few cars, you can make a group called cars, so all the cars are attached to one page.
when you have a project. and you post a new scene instead of updating it, you can put it in the project group, (for example bunkers).
In the new site you can sort the files by, name, date, group, project groups, .phz, .alg.
and filter .phz and .alg with checkboxes

Q: why filtering .phz and .alg?
A: a lot of people won't get algodoo because it's to expensive or what so ever so they can't see lasers and a lot of scripts of algodoo because it's different. but people with algodoo can see .phz files, because phun doesn't have more then algodoo. so phunusers can filter all the .alg extensions away, so they will only see the phunfiles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope it's clear to all of you,
If you have any questions, please ask me.

I think this is a good idea for the new sharing site because it's one url, and all scenes are on one page, and it's easy to use.

Kind regards,
Jelmer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions:
Q: Why these changes?
A: read the rest of the story (1)

Q: why another name?
A: because the old names are specially made for algodoo or phun, we need a general site

Q: why filtering .phz and .alg?
A: a lot of people won't get algodoo because it's to expensive or what so ever so they can't see lasers and a lot of scripts of algodoo because it's different. but people with algodoo can see .phz files, because phun doesn't have more then algodoo. so phunusers can filter all the .alg extensions away, so they will only see the phunfiles.

Q:
A:

Q:
A:

Q:
A:
Jelmerholland

Re: Suggestion | New idea for doobox. For better usage.

Postby Frank » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Come to think of it, an Algodoo/Phun neutral name is a good idea. When I made that first thread, I hadn't even noticed that doobox is the new Phunbox too. I know Algoryx needs money, but the current setup with doobox/algobox and the way the forum is built make Phun look like Algodoo's cheezy little brother. A side-project. Phun is Algodoo's ancestor and inspiration, the original. Algodoo: Phun Edition is a lie. It should be Phun: Algodoo Edition. MUST STOP RANTING...
A neutral name or perhaps just Phunbox would be best now that I've put some more thought into it.

And I am against the idea of having a different file extension for Algodoo scenes. You can make an Algodoo scene that works just fine in Phun. The warning that some things may be missing or not work right benefits Algoryx more by promoting Algodoo sales (users get a taste instead of being walled out) and causes less segregation in Phunbox too.
Made some cool stuff a long time ago
Frank
[Best Tutorial Maker 2010]

Postby Rhett97 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:00 pm

Hmm...... I like this suggestion.... hmm i will start pondering for a name *ponder*

*ponder*
Chronos wrote:There's nothing wrong with swearing. They're just words. People just think they have a bad meaning. What's the difference between shit and poo? Nothing. They're the same.
Rhett97

Postby Jelmerholland » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:03 pm

hmm... no differnt extension, but then you have to select wich type it is.. how it's made, with algodoo or with phun..

And frank, i agree... it should be phun:algodoo edition. not algodoo:phun edition... i agree 100%. phun is fun, and algodoo is extra, bonus for money :ugeek:
Jelmerholland

Return to Algobox scene sharing