Algobox is absolutely atrocious

Suggest changes and improvements to Algodoo.

Algobox is absolutely atrocious

Postby AnKun » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:49 pm

I'm sorry but I can't take it anymore. Algobox is just terrible:

- It's SLOW! It's times slower than scenes page in a browser
- Downloading large scenes takes forever
- After I donwload and play a scene, sometimes when I comeback to algobox, it's position (i.e. the page I was on) is resetted. So I have to find where I was again if I want to continue browsing scenes. When I see a page I think "I want to play this, this, and that scene". I press "Play", take some time having fun with the scene, and then I forget which other scenes I wanted. I have to find that page all over again and look for those scenes I've noted. Plus I have to wait them download.

I understand that slow loading times may be though to correct, but there ARE things that could be done. How it should be:

- Instead of "Play", the button should say "Download"
- When we press it, it places the scene to the download queue, and downloads it in a local repository
- A separate folder for local repository in algobox. WIth the ability to sort and delete scenes.

So, this way I can just go and quickly click all the scenes that I'm interested in. Then go to repository and calmly and comfortably play them one by one. While I'm playing the first downloaded scene, others are being downloaded in the background, so I don't have to wait when I want to switch to the next scene.
AnKun

Re: Algobox is absolutely atrocious

Postby Conundrumer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Never noticed it being slow.
I usually just use my web browser to go to algobox and download everything I'm interested in.
I was anticipating a rant on the lack of quality scenes.
Conundrumer

Postby Under Ground » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Or you could just Download one, Then Download the next. It takes less than 5 seconds usually, and it hardly a problem if it takes over that.

Me too, Conun, Me too...
Under Ground

Postby AnKun » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:42 am

I was talking about built-in algobox, you can't download scenes from there without loading them, and you have to wait until each download finishes before you can download the next one
AnKun

Postby Xray » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:40 am

AnKun wrote:I was talking about built-in algobox, you can't download scenes from there without loading them, and you have to wait until each download finishes before you can download the next one

Oh, boo hoo. :cry: I wouldn't call that "absolutely atrocious". Besides, how many scenes do you typically download over a short time period? 5? 10? 1000? :crazy: You really shouldn't blame Algobox for being slow if the problem happens to be your Internet connection and/or your computer. I happen to think that Algobox is a wonderful thing, and if I have to wait a few extra seconds for a scene to download before downloading another one, it's not a major problem, considering the vast storehouse of amazing Algodoo scenes that I have access to for FREE!

Let me repeat that...... IT'S FREAKIN FREE!
Xray

Return to Suggestions