Sliding Joints

Suggest changes and improvements to Algodoo.

Re: Sliding Joints

Postby Laraso » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:35 pm

Sniperkasa wrote:1. That is odd.. because I've made a few very good sliding joints myself.. and they moved a lot more then 1inch/30m

2. YES it is my oppinion. It is my oppinion and thats why I posted it here. Nobody should considder it an legit argument.. it's MY oppinion.

3. the word IF points to those who will find it usefull. Not to the fact that nobody would.

4. Meaning the better as in : It looks like you really have put some effort and time in it..

6. I meant.. nobody will think you are some god of the universe just beacause you have clicked on an item.. dragged your mouse.. and released the button..

7. Please dont start the biggest argue ever with me :roll:

1: Maybe so, but a decently powerful sliding joint will move 1/4 to 3/7 of its size before it has to stop and go back. A sliding joint that moves more than 4/6 of its size will most likely be weak.

2: Well then, please don't use opinions in an argument. I may be a hypocrite for saying this, but it is generally not a good idea to use opinions over facts.

3: Not much to say. You could have typed "The people who would find this useful" instead, as "Even if some find this useful" sounds sarcastic.

4: Well, you can still design a manual sliding joint yourself. You can then post an entire scene showing the time and effort you used to make a sliding joint.

5: No argument was made, so no argument will be given.

6: Nobody was expecting they would. Nobody said they would. You would have to be brainless to worship someone for clicking a mouse.

7: Sorry, I was born with the natural love to argue. And besides, this is my suggestion, so if you don't want to argue, simply leave. I already know from experience that sliding joints are better than any piston out there. Just play Incredibots and see what I mean.

Also, I think we should really stop calling manually created pistons sliding joints. A sliding joint is a joint. A piston is a piston. Although they are very similar, they should not be confused.

One more thing, if you don't like the idea, then don't. If you really despise sliding joints this much then if they ever become a tool don't use them. Create your own pistons. You will not be forced at gunpoint to use sliding joints if they are ever put into Algodoo. Do what you want to do, you can do anything in Algodoo. Sliding joints just make things easier, and if you like doing things the hard way then by all means do so. Go ahead, I don't care. It wont hurt my feelings. But whatever you do, please... Don't go onto the suggestions thread ranting about how we don't need things because we can already do it the hard way! Some of us don't want to. Some of us don't need to. It is really annoying when people do this and I have seen it happen countless times already on this forum.

Let Algoryx decide what we should have and what we shouldn't, not you. Unless, of course, you are secretly working for Algoryx and no one knows it.
Phundamentalist... When possible!
Laraso

Postby izacque » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:26 am

you two need to watch this:

On to more constructive things... I'm pretty against this idea. If you're creative with collisions, you can make high-performance sliding joints that don't glitch up. Also, the sliding joints in incredibots are motorized. Are you suggesting algodoo have this feature too? if you are, then no. that completly takes away from the whole phun experience.
[/post]
Paradigm 29 wrote:I've been trying to figure out why people even buy hummers ever since I found out that they don't have machine guns.
izacque

Postby Laraso » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:00 pm

izacque wrote:I'm... ...Also, the sliding joints in incredibots are motorized. Are you suggesting algodoo have this feature too? if you are, then no. that completly takes away from the whole phun experience.

I was using Incredibots as an example. They can make them however they want.

Oh, and thank you for using the word I'm. It expresses an opinion, and I like opinions much better than people who say "it isn't as good because...".
Phundamentalist... When possible!
Laraso

Previous

Return to Suggestions