Partial Cut

Suggest changes and improvements to Algodoo.

Partial Cut

Postby Julfo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:36 pm

I think it would be cool to be able to partially cut an object. At the moment when you cut with a laser or the cut tool, you can only cut all the way through an object, so it would be good if you didn't have to cut all the way through.

Anyone elses thoughts on this?

Oh and if you don't have something useful to say, don't say it. If you are only going to say "This isn't practical" or "This isn't easy enough to implement" or "Cut tool is enough for our needs", (not mentioning any names) then please don't reply.

-Julfo
http://www.imgbin.co.tv - Free image hosting with 10gb storage and 5gb bandwidth.

http://www.bonurl.eu - Free url shortener that produces urls 6 characters shorter than Tinyurl
Julfo

Re: Partial Cut

Postby RicH » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:48 am

I don't see the point of this as lasers just cut them, they don't drill through them. Basically, the object you cut would look like it wasn't even cut.

And I don't think this can be applied to the current laser cutting system. It only cuts an object only if it can completely go through it with no obstacles(like say an immortal box). If you don't understand me, see this picture and try it in Algodoo:
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Chronos » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:56 pm

Julfo wrote:Oh and if you don't have something useful to say, don't say it. If you are only going to say "This isn't practical" or "This isn't easy enough to implement" or "Cut tool is enough for our needs", (not mentioning any names) then please don't reply.

screw that. this is a suggestion. i have an opinion. that opinion is as follows. its useless. why would you need a small line in something? it probably wont even be big enough for water to get into

also, lrn2search. its been suggested before ._.
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby Twinkle » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:27 pm

Alternatively, could this somehow be done with scripting using CSG in scripting (if it was possible). For instance, onCollide of a jack-hammer bit with some rock could bite a small, circular chunk out of the rock. The same thing could be done with a laser.

As for the cut tool, I think right-clicking the brush tool (to erase) is essentially this option, isn't it?
Twinkle

Postby Chronos » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:56 pm

Twinkle wrote:As for the cut tool, I think right-clicking the brush tool (to erase) is essentially this option, isn't it?

yeah, and if you do that while the scene is running, it lags like hell :|
Chronos

Postby Sniperkasa » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:07 pm

or.. then you just make the object fixated of several objects, so that it can be cut in many pieces... :/
If you have a question, have a dollar and call somebody that cares.
No really just PM me if you have a problem :)
Sniperkasa

Postby Chronos » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:46 am

Sniperkasa wrote:or.. then you just make the object fixated of several objects, so that it can be cut in many pieces... :/

thats how objects are made breakable currently. you just hinge a bunch of stuff together and and a hinge break limit. it lags like hell after a bunch of objects :|
Chronos

Postby Sniperkasa » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Chronos wrote:thats how objects are made breakable currently. you just hinge a bunch of stuff together and and a hinge break limit. it lags like hell after a bunch of objects :|

Wonder if its the same when you fixate..?
If you have a question, have a dollar and call somebody that cares.
No really just PM me if you have a problem :)
Sniperkasa

Return to Suggestions