Piston idea

Suggest changes and improvements to Algodoo.

Piston idea

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:33 am

IDK if this is suggested, im crud with the search, but

when Auto Oscillate is active, in and out key dissapears, when always out is active, the out key dissapears, so likewise does always in and in key. not totally thaugh out, spent three hours on this so i wanted to finish it quick
these guys are awesome. <- full stop
FuzzyLogicBrain

Location: when online, on the computer. when not, probably on it anyways. ;D lulz

Re: Piston idea

Postby Chronos » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 am

No. No fucking pistons. Build your own god damn pistons.
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:12 pm

DUDE! thers no way i, or anyone can make a glichless, air piston, scince teres no acual air!
FuzzyLogicBrain

Location: when online, on the computer. when not, probably on it anyways. ;D lulz

Postby Chronos » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:11 pm

That's why you use springs.
Chronos

Postby ducky21 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:01 pm

1: Been suggusted before
2: Think about it. You can make a piston from a box. Algodoo only has the basics. If we start making pistons, then we soon have more items, and that is not what algodoo needs.
ducky21

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:14 pm

springs with script? one spring and custon varible at a time plz
Last edited by FuzzyLogicBrain on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
FuzzyLogicBrain

Postby Mr. crash » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Algodoo is about making things yourself. You have the basic tools, and combined, you can get everything.
I like crashes alot!
Mr. crash

Postby Rrobba » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:47 pm

No.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:00 pm

i have never got along well with springs
FuzzyLogicBrain

Postby TC42 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:24 pm

I'll make a spring piston phunlet pack, if anyone cares enough to download it. Not that anyone cares, but I think I'll start to follow Thomas A. Edison's philosophy of "I won't invent anything that cannot be marketed" or something like that. We don't really need pistons, or thrusters for that matter. It can be useful if you're making a scene with hundreds pistons, but that's why phunlets exist.
I would only want thrusters/pistons if they eliminated lag. Otherwise... they really aren't that much better than a well constructed user-made version.

In my opinion...
If you want something like that, make it yourself, then you can't complain about not being able to modify certain attributes, and you get the satisfaction of having built the scene yourself--not having the algodoo developers build it for you. Also, I really don't want any more interface changes. Ever.

But you don't have to take my word for it.
Sorry if I've offended anyone...
Spambot wrote:Nowadays, memes usually are studied less in the field of biology, but more with the arena of psychology along with sociology. But, the major area of a meme, getting embraced and imitated all the time is what’s at any core connected with any meme.
TC42

Postby Someone Else » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:40 pm

I actually do support this. Support + 1.
  • 1. It would indeed reduce/eliminate lag.
  • 2. These pistons would be unbreakable.
  • 3. No awkward colliding nonsense to deal with.
  • 4. I want to play around with the settings.
  • 5. Try doing the above with collision-based stuff and materialVelocity code.
However, I also want telescoping pistons. Maybe add a Layers button to the Piston script menu?
Matthias Wandel is epic, in my humble opinion.
I love my brain...
TC42 wrote:Also, your sig is too big, please change it.

ARE YA HAPPY NOW?????

Thymechanic/Phundamentalist

Recently, I discovered something a lot of you probably already knew: Minecraft is awesome.
Due to this, I may not be as active as usual for a while.
Someone Else

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:10 am

thats what i wated to say, it HAS collisions and whatnot, (mabey script activation when out or in?)
FuzzyLogicBrain

Postby Someone Else » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:33 pm

Well, I certainly would not object to having a collideSet menu for pistons. And piston scripts would indeed be helpful for sequencing stuff.
Matthias Wandel is epic, in my humble opinion.
I love my brain...
TC42 wrote:Also, your sig is too big, please change it.

ARE YA HAPPY NOW?????

Thymechanic/Phundamentalist

Recently, I discovered something a lot of you probably already knew: Minecraft is awesome.
Due to this, I may not be as active as usual for a while.
Someone Else

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:14 pm

yeah, but the main idea behind it is when you create a circulaur driven piston, it is either on of off, and does not stop at the end without some collision issues, also, the piston takes more time when it is closest to the circle, and it jumps back towards the circle very quickly when extended, and i wanted to use it for a non-shake, no collision issues thruster, and can be small without further collision issues, because if it is small, its lighter, and if its small but you make it heavier, the piston sides would have truoble keeping the piston in.
@ Chronos, duhh, if the piston is a circular driven piston, then not only is my piston danmed, but so is my project! and dont use profane words like you did there, know why? becuase it shows a lack of imagination, and an abundance of slothfulness, search that one up, but use the internet, because i dont think you'll have the patience to go searching in a dictionary like a good little bookworm that i know your dreaming of becoming. not only that, it shows that your morals are not up to standard, i also dont want to of my pre-teen friends using that kind of language two their perents, i dont think they'll appreciate that very much.
FuzzyLogicBrain

Postby Chronos » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:39 am

FuzzyLogicBrain wrote:@ Chronos, duhh, if the piston is a circular driven piston, then not only is my piston danmed, but so is my project! and dont use profane words like you did there, know why? becuase it shows a lack of imagination, and an abundance of slothfulness, search that one up, but use the internet, because i dont think you'll have the patience to go searching in a dictionary like a good little bookworm that i know your dreaming of becoming. not only that, it shows that your morals are not up to standard, i also dont want to of my pre-teen friends using that kind of language two their perents, i dont think they'll appreciate that very much.

Or it just shows that I'm pissed at you and you're not worth the time of using any varied words.

Nice late reply, by the way.
Chronos

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:01 pm

yeah, ive been tied up in somethimg lately, its called school, and in everything you do, you should do it properly, and not be lazy. also i apologize if ive said something that seriously pissed you of, it was probably not meant to. :angel: and it was a late reply because when ever i see a swearword, i ignore it. it is not nice, there are other words i can use, but id rather not offend just after i apologized to you.
FuzzyLogicBrain

Postby RicH » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Nah. I don't support. Make pistons yourself. Be creative.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:55 pm

sorry, i can do something if you tell me wht to do, i just have the patiece to try and figure out something :thumbdown:
FuzzyLogicBrain

Postby RicH » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:24 am

FuzzyLogicBrain wrote:@ Chronos, duhh, if the piston is a circular driven piston, then not only is my piston danmed, but so is my project! and dont use profane words like you did there, know why? becuase it shows a lack of imagination, and an abundance of slothfulness, search that one up, but use the internet, because i dont think you'll have the patience to go searching in a dictionary like a good little bookworm that i know your dreaming of becoming. not only that, it shows that your morals are not up to standard, i also dont want to of my pre-teen friends using that kind of language two their perents, i dont think they'll appreciate that very much.

Hah. Speaking of patience, a lack of imagination, and an abundance of slothfulness, I can totally use your words against you. :lol:

Be creative and imaginative; you can make a great piston if you actually build it, instead of, you know, waiting for a piston tool(which won't be added for a long time if not never added at all).
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Sonic » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:53 am

A piston tool would be like an arthritis medicine with a child proof lock. Unecessary amd potentially painful.
I do stuff and break things. You know how it is.
Sonic

Postby frogman786 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:23 am

nice analogy sonic, and yes a piston tool could be helpful but it's pointless because you can make simple spring pistons that work fairly well already
DFTBA nerdfighters

TheWonkits wrote:As immature as some of the people on this forum can be, most of you are pretty cool.

TC42 wrote:Better than spell-check... ...TC42's instant grammar-correction posts! :lol:
frogman786

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:14 am

*facepalm* I guess you guys haven't noticed but, I'm a noob, like so many other people, it would save you guys a lot of hassle explaing how to make that manually, or divert them to a stickied tutorial in the tutorial forums because they don't know how to work the seaching tool in the website, because quite frankly neither do I for that matter.
FuzzyLogicBrain

Postby RicH » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:41 am

You don't how to use search? Whoa. That explains a lot. You know that bar at the top next to the button that says "Search"? You type stuff in there and it searches for it in the forum.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Chronos » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:14 pm

FuzzyLogicBrain wrote:*facepalm* I guess you guys haven't noticed but, I'm a noob, like so many other people, it would save you guys a lot of hassle explaing how to make that manually, or divert them to a stickied tutorial in the tutorial forums because they don't know how to work the seaching tool in the website, because quite frankly neither do I for that matter.

You are a complete moron. Get off these forums. A piston is one of the the easiest things to script.

Rating: rated 5
Filesize: 28.28 kB
Comments: 0
Ratings: 1
download
Chronos

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:44 pm

:roll:
FuzzyLogicBrain

Next

Return to Suggestions