1001 ideas (maby not so many)

Suggest changes and improvements to Algodoo.

Re: 1001 ideas (maby not so many)

Postby Chronos » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:51 am

RicH wrote:
Asolpdrag wrote:I don't know about thyme and I don't have intention to learn coding so I dont know, but it would be as the one of a plana that a certain point change inclination and at another point continue plane, or that a certain point stop being plane and at another point, it start again, or things like that.

I believe that that would be impossible.

actually, if it was told what point to make it on using the main grid (like the position in the scene), it MIGHT be possible. think of it as a negative polygon :)
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby Asolpdrag » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:52 am

RicH wrote:Well duh. Plus. what would be the benefit of one laser 'point' emitting 2 lasers? It could even make things more complicated.

No, more simple.

RicH wrote:First of all, I only used bold just so you can differentiate my reply from the text. Also, when you use CAPS LIKE THIS, it kind of looks like you are angry/shouting or something. It generally looks wrong for me.
1)I will state it in the way you say it. For example, you find a giraffe button to be useful in Algodoo because you like making giraffes. Sure, you find it useful, but other people don't. ;)
2)I said a few, not two -.-

Or giving enphasis sa yo've said
1)Thats why I say my suggestions are useless FOR YOU (Caps for enphasize)
2)For example a switch, first makig the mechanical thing: The cable input and output, the lever, make the lever seem to make a click when is moved, stetics. And then scripting: when is "on" electricity (also made by scripting) can pass through, when is of it cant. And I think those are more than a lot of clicks and scripts

RicH wrote:You are not making any sense. You are saying that if it clutters up the menu, it's useless. What if, for example, that the circle tool clutters up the menu. Would the circle tool be then considered useless?
Remember, I said it's useless if it clutters up the menu AND(caps used for emphasis :P) it isn't used often by the majority of people.

No, sorry but who have said that if it clutters up the menu, it's useless, is you, in one of your posts in this thread, AND (also with enphasiza) what you've said about that also musn't be used often by the majority of people to be useless, you have added it now.
And one more thing, YOU AREN'T THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE (with another enphasize).
Asolpdrag

Postby Asolpdrag » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:53 am

Chronos wrote:
RicH wrote:
Asolpdrag wrote:I don't know about thyme and I don't have intention to learn coding so I dont know, but it would be as the one of a plana that a certain point change inclination and at another point continue plane, or that a certain point stop being plane and at another point, it start again, or things like that.

I believe that that would be impossible.

actually, if it was told what point to make it on using the main grid (like the position in the scene), it MIGHT be possible. think of it as a negative polygon :)

I don't understand well what you are saying but I wish it could be possible.
Asolpdrag

Postby RicH » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Asolpdrag wrote:
RicH wrote:First of all, I only used bold just so you can differentiate my reply from the text. Also, when you use CAPS LIKE THIS, it kind of looks like you are angry/shouting or something. It generally looks wrong for me.
1)I will state it in the way you say it. For example, you find a giraffe button to be useful in Algodoo because you like making giraffes. Sure, you find it useful, but other people don't. ;)
2)I said a few, not two -.-

Or giving enphasis sa yo've said
1)Thats why I say my suggestions are useless FOR YOU (Caps for enphasize)
2)For example a switch, first makig the mechanical thing: The cable input and output, the lever, make the lever seem to make a click when is moved, stetics. And then scripting: when is "on" electricity (also made by scripting) can pass through, when is of it cant. And I think those are more than a lot of clicks and scripts

1)That's why I say your suggestion is useful FOR YOU. It doesn't apply to others.
2)Isn't that part of the Algodoo concept? It is used to build. That is part of the fun of it. You are again, being too lazy.

Asolpdrag wrote:
RicH wrote:You are not making any sense. You are saying that if it clutters up the menu, it's useless. What if, for example, that the circle tool clutters up the menu. Would the circle tool be then considered useless?
Remember, I said it's useless if it clutters up the menu AND(caps used for emphasis :P) it isn't used often by the majority of people.

No, sorry but who have said that if it clutters up the menu, it's useless, is you, in one of your posts in this thread, AND (also with enphasiza) what you've said about that also musn't be used often by the majority of people to be useless, you have added it now.
And one more thing, YOU AREN'T THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE (with another enphasize).

You just understood me wrong. I only added 'the majority of people' because I was afraid you didn't understand me. And we are both screwed here, since WE AREN'T THE MAJORITy OF PEOPLE(with another emphysema) -.-

Asolpdrag wrote:
RicH wrote:Well duh. Plus. what would be the benefit of one laser 'point' emitting 2 lasers? It could even make things more complicated.

No, more simple.

No, more complicated ;) Having one laser point emit two different lasers is more complicated IMO. It is more simple to just have 2 laser points. And you didn't explain what the benefit of it would be.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Asolpdrag » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:37 pm

RicH wrote:1)That's why I say your suggestion is useful FOR YOU. It doesn't apply to others.
2)Isn't that part of the Algodoo concept? It is used to build. That is part of the fun of it. You are again, being too lazy.

1)Yes, my suggestions are usful for me but also usful for other people, as are useless for you as for other people.
2)Yes, but building is also with a switch and a batery make an electric circuit, for example.

RicH wrote:You just understood me wrong. I only added 'the majority of people' because I was afraid you didn't understand me. And we are both screwed here, since WE AREN'T THE MAJORITy OF PEOPLE(with another emphysema) -.-

What do you mean? You haven't added the majority for me to understand, you have added it because you want to defend yourself.

RicH wrote:No, more complicated ;) Having one laser point emit two different lasers is more complicated IMO. It is more simple to just have 2 laser points. And you didn't explain what the benefit of it would be.

Wich number is more simple 2=1+1 or 1=1, is easier to contror one laser and not two.
Asolpdrag

Postby gradyfitz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:00 pm

Asolpdrag wrote:
RicH wrote:No, more complicated ;) Having one laser point emit two different lasers is more complicated IMO. It is more simple to just have 2 laser points. And you didn't explain what the benefit of it would be.

Wich number is more simple 2=1+1 or 1=1, is easier to contror one laser and not two.

Ok, I'll answer this, it is easier to use two lasers, as if you roll it into one, you need two colour variables, two fade distances, and two of every setting, it's easier to just put it all in two lasers :). At least, that's how I see it, and if you really want it to happen, you can build it using thyme :).
Mechanisms: 18 Mechanisms.
Thyme: Tutorial - Variables/Commands List.
Thymechanic
gradyfitz

Postby RicH » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:17 pm

Asolpdrag wrote:
RicH wrote:2)Isn't that part of the Algodoo concept? It is used to build. That is part of the fun of it. You are again, being too lazy.

2)Yes, but building is also with a switch and a batery make an electric circuit, for example.

Thyme. Or you can make a sort of electrical system mechanically(it's even more fun to do it mechanically IMO).

Asolpdrag wrote:
RicH wrote:You just understood me wrong. I only added 'the majority of people' because I was afraid you didn't understand me. And we are both screwed here, since WE AREN'T THE MAJORITy OF PEOPLE(with another emphysema) -.-

What do you mean? You haven't added the majority for me to understand, you have added it because you want to defend yourself.

If you think of it, it would mean the same.
a)It isn't used often.
b)It isn't used often by the majority of people.
C wut I did thar?
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Asolpdrag » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:20 pm

RicH wrote:If you think of it, it would mean the same.
a)It isn't used often.
C wut I did thar?

We better stop argwing, is a waste of time
Asolpdrag

Postby Asolpdrag » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:23 pm

gradyfitz wrote:Ok, I'll answer this, it is easier to use two lasers, as if you roll it into one, you need two colour variables, two fade distances, and two of every setting, it's easier to just put it all in two lasers :). At least, that's how I see it, and if you really want it to happen, you can build it using thyme :).

Also with two lasers there are two colour variables, two fade distances, and two of every setting but only one object so only one orintation and one position, not two and one menu to put all those settings, not two.
Asolpdrag

Postby RicH » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:33 pm

Asolpdrag wrote:
RicH wrote:If you think of it, it would mean the same.
a)It isn't used often.
C wut I did thar?

We better stop argwing, is a waste of time

Well, you keep continuing it :?

Asolpdrag wrote:
gradyfitz wrote:Ok, I'll answer this, it is easier to use two lasers, as if you roll it into one, you need two colour variables, two fade distances, and two of every setting, it's easier to just put it all in two lasers :). At least, that's how I see it, and if you really want it to happen, you can build it using thyme :).

Also with two lasers there are two colour variables, two fade distances, and two of every setting but only one object so only one orintation and one position, not two and one menu to put all those settings, not two.

You are not seeing the main point here. First of all, if a laser point emits only one laser, it is very simple. 1 laser point = 1 laser Simple isn't it?
Now, what if 1 laser point emits 2 lasers.
1 laser point = 2 lasers.. You basically crammed 2 lasers into one making it more complicated to adjust.

Plus, what is the benefit of this?
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Asolpdrag » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:08 pm

RicH wrote:Plus, what is the benefit of this?

None is only to simplify, at least for me is simpler.
Asolpdrag

Postby RicH » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Asolpdrag wrote:
RicH wrote:Plus, what is the benefit of this?

None is only to simplify, at least for me is simpler.

For US, it is more complex. You can't seem to grasp and understand OUR perspective :\
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Asolpdrag » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:43 pm

RicH wrote:For US, it is more complex. You can't seem to grasp and understand OUR perspective :\

Yes I understand, why do you think I haven't persisted, but I've just said that for ME is simpler, I don't know from where have you got that I don't understand YOUR perspective?
Asolpdrag

Postby RicH » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:23 pm

Asolpdrag wrote:
RicH wrote:For US, it is more complex. You can't seem to grasp and understand OUR perspective :\

Yes I understand, why do you think I haven't persisted, but I've just said that for ME is simpler, I don't know from where have you got that I don't understand YOUR perspective?

I thought you didn't understand it because you persisted on the 2 lasers is simpler idea. But anyway, I've proven my point and you've proven your point so let's stop now ;P
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Julfo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:37 pm

RaRaMalum wrote:So can you please make your ideas in sepperate treads so that we can discuss them in a normal way

So if asolpdrag created hundreds of different threads, that would be better? No doubt, if he were to do this, you would call him a spammer.

RaRaMalum wrote:And loads more crap

No wonder he got angry and called you stupid; you insulted hours, possibly days of clear hard work. And since his english is not the best, it is even harder for him, than it would be for you.

BTW, asolpdrag, thank you for all these suggestions. Although not all of them are plausible, I think lots of them are. You have clearly put lots of work into this thread, and despite everyones complaining, you should be proud.

Oh, and does anyone know how to block comments from certain users? So you don't see any of their comments in any threads.

-Julfo
http://www.imgbin.co.tv - Free image hosting with 10gb storage and 5gb bandwidth.

http://www.bonurl.eu - Free url shortener that produces urls 6 characters shorter than Tinyurl
Julfo

Postby RicH » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:30 am

Julfo wrote:Oh, and does anyone know how to block comments from certain users? So you don't see any of their comments in any threads.

-Julfo

That would be wrong, just wrong. What if they made a helpful post? How about if they posted something constructive for you to benefit from?
Plus, think of the opinions becoming one sided.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Conundrumer » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:18 am

Julfo wrote:
RaRaMalum wrote:So can you please make your ideas in sepperate treads so that we can discuss them in a normal way

So if asolpdrag created hundreds of different threads, that would be better? No doubt, if he were to do this, you would call him a spammer.

The suggestions could be grouped together. If the suggestions were well thought out, we wouldn't see it as spamming.
Julfo wrote:
RaRaMalum wrote:And loads more crap

No wonder he got angry and called you stupid; you insulted hours, possibly days of clear hard work.

Quality > quantity. Sure, it may be hard work, but it's not used the right way. If I spend a week drawing a few hundred doodles, would people appreciate my "clear hard work" of art? People would call it crap.
Julfo wrote:And since his english is not the best, it is even harder for him, than it would be for you.

English isn't RaRaMalum's first language, so it's pretty much equal.
Julfo wrote:BTW, asolpdrag, thank you for all these suggestions. Although not all of them are plausible, I think lots of them are. You have clearly put lots of work into this thread, and despite everyones complaining, you should be proud.

Should I be proud if I made a long rant thread based on everything that's bad about the community (yes I would spend a couple of days on it)? It'll still be constructive.
Julfo wrote:Oh, and does anyone know how to block comments from certain users? So you don't see any of their comments in any threads.

-Julfo

"Foe" them. But don't do it because you don't like that person's opinion. Do it if the person is persistently not contributing to the thread in any way ie borderline spam coughrhett97.
Conundrumer

Postby Asolpdrag » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:58 pm

Julfo wrote:BTW, asolpdrag, thank you for all these suggestions. Although not all of them are plausible, I think lots of them are. You have clearly put lots of work into this thread, and despite everyones complaining, you should be proud.

Lots of thanks for supperting me and my post, thanks to persons like you and some others in this post, that know to apreciate work, the effort is worth it.
Asolpdrag

Postby Asolpdrag » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Conundrumer wrote:The suggestions could be grouped together. If the suggestions were well thought out, we wouldn't see it as spamming.

You are saying that my suggestions aren't well thought out?

Conundrumer wrote:Quality > quantity. Sure, it may be hard work, but it's not used the right way. If I spend a week drawing a few hundred doodles, would people appreciate my "clear hard work" of art? People would call it crap.

You are right, quality > quantity, but quantity needn't be bad quality, and quality needn't be less quantity, both things can be toghether, you can spend a week drawing a few hundred doodles and people calling the crap, but there are useless, and don't need any effort, by suggest, need to be usfull for algoryx and theese are, and this have taken effort to think them and then writte them, suggestions and doodles are completely different, one helps the other don't, one is constructive, the other isn't.

Conundrumer wrote:Should I be proud if I made a long rant thread based on everything that's bad about the community (yes I would spend a couple of days on it)? It'll still be constructive.

Yes, you should be proud, why? Because it will help the community to improve, thats a critic, and a suggestion is like a critic but it dosn't say the bad things, it said what is missing and would be good to be, not what is bad and would be good to remove/change, and there is difference, suggestions are more constructive, critics are a mix of contructive and destructive.
Asolpdrag

Previous

Return to Suggestions