Please add some propellant, like gunpowder

Suggest changes and improvements to Algodoo.

Re: Please add some propellant, like gunpowder

Postby grantypoo » Thu May 26, 2016 4:59 am

With a little bit of scripting, you can make your own gunpowder or propellant. I dont know much about scripting really, I'm just digging into it, but its entirely possible.

Also a scene like this... uses no scripting but cleverly stacked balls that break apart and expand, creating an explosion type effect.

Rating: rated 8.1
Filesize: 86.92 kB
Comments: 16
Ratings: 16
download
grantypoo

Postby The Linkage » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:11 pm

That's a good idea, but it's kinda doable with scripting and development has been stalled for like 2 years :problem:
If you wanna do something like that you might want to look my shotgun - it's kinda laggy but it gets the job done
The Linkage

Postby icrls984 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:16 am

There are many ways to make "explosives" involving non-scripted and scripted objects. Non scripted ways can be stacking geometries, or using springs and axles. Scripted ways are one such as spawning geometries, changing velocity of geometries, changing size/radius of geometries, or even changing the attraction of geometries. All these ways can be utilized to create a "propellant" that can be used to make guns, etc. :)
icrls984

Postby grantypoo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:20 pm

What is odd is I did not start this thread. I replied to someone who did, I was the first reply. Their account must have been deleted and the post went away?
grantypoo

Return to Suggestions