We need to remove those Algicosathlon nonsense

Suggest changes and improvements to Algodoo.

Do you agree with my suggestion

Yay(Yes)
83%
Nay(No)
17%

Total votes : 18

We need to remove those Algicosathlon nonsense

Postby faytree » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:36 pm

After more than 7 months of being tortured by those spamming Algicosathlon scrubs, now I decided to:

REMOVE THOSE BLOODY ALGICOSATHLON SCENES INTO A NEW WEB

I couldn't handle it anymore, imagine your newly made scene just being ignored by people because it was spammed by those bloody childish Algicosathlon and BFDI camp sign in and elimination announcement dipnuts. That bloody thing is like the new cancer of Algobox! We need to remove those Algicosathlon stuff via a filter ONCE AND FOR ALL
waiting for semester break to come...
faytree

Re: We need to remove those Algicosathlon nonsense

Postby electronicboy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:11 am

Shamefully as an admin there is limited stuff we can do, their scenes don't break any rules or terms of service of the website.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby faytree » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:18 am

electronicboy wrote:Shamefully as an admin there is limited stuff we can do, their scenes don't break any rules or terms of service of the website.

Ouch!
This is heavy :(
faytree

Postby faytree » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:26 am

Ultragamer564 wrote::thumbdown: I dissagree. I just think we should add a bit more quality in them. :mrgreen:

But the question is, how?
faytree

Postby electronicboy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:37 am

The major annoyance is the flood at which they're uploaded, one a day from people is okay. 5 scenes in the space of an hour or two is not unless they're high quality.

And the number of scenes with boxes with messages in them, back in the day that was a punishable offense here on the website, however Algoryx have had to go a bit 'lax on it.
electronicboy

Postby pnvv » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:57 am

I have to say, I agree. Some "results" scenes which are completely physicsless are getting uploaded at a rate of sometimes 15 an hour. That's ridiculous.

(/)(°,,,°)(/)
pnvv

Postby kilebantick » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:55 am

It's a little frustrating some times. Upload a scene that you've worked on for a fair while, only for it to be flooded out of the front page by marble races. I really do wish they had their own section, so the people that are interested aren't limited and the people that aren't don't have it shoved in their face all day every day.

It makes it extremely difficult to find quality scenes and stuff that we may actually be interested in amongst all of them.

I really do wish something could be done about it all.
kilebantick

Postby pnvv » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:20 pm

I thought of an idea, like a second "level" of Algobox where all the quality users can post their stuff. It would require an admin to get you in, if they see you post things other than marble races. Then a password would be needed to get back in. Each level would have a separate scene-sharing system (like Algobox itself). So basically you have 2 levels, the first is for all the marble racers to basically take over, which is fine because all the good users would go to the second level where they can post their good scenes freely with no marble races involved. Not sure how people would be accepted exactly, maybe a sign-up thread, and then the admins look through the type of stuff you do. If you build things that are not marble races/algicosathlon/any of that other bullcrap, because everyone who builds those types of things, regardless of their skill level, deserves not to have the annoying babies of Algicosathlon pushing them around and so should be let in. Those who do build marble races would not be accepted.

I'm not saying scenes posted in the second group can only be downloaded by people in the second group. They can be downloaded by anyone, but only members of the second group (therefore the good builders) can add to the pool. You could add a switch so you see all the scenes that get uploaded, or just the group 2 scenes, or just the marble races. That way, the marble racers could have their own community to play with w/o us (good users) bothering them. We would also have a place to post all our scenes too w/o all the marble racers spamming us with tons of bullcrap!

(/)(°,,,°)(/)
pnvv

Postby electronicboy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:40 am

There was a category on Algobox added for Marble Race scenes, Making them use it is another thing because theres no such manner to do so.

You also have to remember the current situation that this site is in, Xray checks the Algobox daily I think but thats mostly about it, I pop onto the forums when I remember I have duties to do, I just don't have the old pull over here anymore, most of the people I lurked around with don't even visit anymore. Heck, How many people remember ItsFriday?
electronicboy

Postby kilebantick » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:21 pm

ItsFriday, Gradyfitz, JRV, Jerlmerholland, Lolerskates. Oldies.
kilebantick

Postby pnvv » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:29 pm

Most people that use the forum fit into the top category because no marble racer has any reason to make an account, as a result 99% of the people on this forum will hate Algicosathlon until it's kicked from existence. I'm fine with MR. But Algicosathlon is just stupid. :D

(/)(°,,,°)(/)
pnvv

Postby pnvv » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:30 pm

Ultragamer564 wrote:Would you like it if I slowed down a bit with my scenes?

You probably would :mrgreen:

Sure, if you slowed down 100% and didn't post anything. You've got almost 700 goddamned scenes, and most of them suck. Look at me! I've got much less, and I'm doing fine! ;)

(/)(°,,,°)(/)
pnvv

Postby faytree » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:34 am

pnvv wrote:You've got almost 700 goddamned scenes...

I've been holding this 'faytree' Algobox account for almost 3 YEARS but I've only reached about 273 scenes...
And then there's a kid who was posting 600-700 scenes in just 3-4 months after registering to Algobox...

Wow *wink* *calls Manny*
faytree

Postby FRA32 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:13 pm

Ive been registered t oalgodoo for 2 years now, which means I bought it. Back then there were no msg-scenes, and only 1 or 2 marble races a DAY, if any at all. Those were the times where you could make your scene, and it stands long enough "in the spotlight" so you could see if it is enjoyable. Now they are knocked away the moment you upload them. I watched the sceen upload rate: 5 marble races after each other in 6 minutes, more than 12 scenes in total after 15 minutes. Now, almost 2 hours after I uploaded a scene, it is almostly at page 2 of the news list.

Really, we need a limitation on how many scenes of the same style someone may be uploaded per day, so that those 20000 kiddies dont upload 2000 marble races a day, but only 2 :| Maybe this can be controlled via our algobox admin(s, XRay is pretty much the only superactive one)
FRA32

Postby electronicboy » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:22 am

We've requested for the consideration of a rate limiter, however there's not too we can do as admins when there is no rules to start taking action upon.
electronicboy

Postby T'wind_ » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:15 pm

electronicboy wrote:There was a category on Algobox added for Marble Race scenes, Making them use it is another thing because theres no such manner to do so.

Marble racer kids are too lazy to choose another group but users who make quality scenes aren't so why don't we pick another group. eg. official scenes contest which isn't used.
Or new uploaded scenes could be marble races by default, so all marble races will be in marble race group.
T'wind_

Postby electronicboy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:24 pm

T'wind_ wrote:
electronicboy wrote:There was a category on Algobox added for Marble Race scenes, Making them use it is another thing because theres no such manner to do so.

Marble racer kids are too lazy to choose another group but users who make quality scenes aren't so why don't we pick another group. eg. official scenes contest which isn't used.
Or new uploaded scenes could be marble races by default, so all marble races will be in marble race group.

Changing the default group would be counter productive and cause more issues than it solves. (e.g. Omg, I uploaded my scene but its not showing on the home page!) Not all scenes uploaded fall under this category, and while most do, it's still highly counterproductive to change the default category.
electronicboy

Postby T'wind_ » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:05 pm

I have another idea to separate marble race scenes from good scenes.
Users can upload their quality scenes and give them a prearranged tag.
If someone want's to see some good scenes without marble races he can search for that tag and be happy.
I do not know if it's possible, it just came up in my mind.
T'wind_

Postby faytree » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:50 pm

*sigh*
If Emil is still with Algodoo, then this chaos wouldn't have happened :cry:
faytree

Postby faytree » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Btw, the amount of marbles in Algobox are so many that it's enough to build the Taj Mahal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

faytree

Postby FRA32 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:27 am

Srly, if the MR kids wanted to start dooing other stuff, they would have started "learning" how to do that stuff themselfes. But they don't. Algodoo is just a place where they can throw every junk in that gets in their head, not mattering about how people will like it, unless they get a subscriber, where they instantly flip and go like "OMG1!!1! I gut Subzcriiba, gutta make txt-scene abut it". No offense, but since algodoo is free, people with a way lesser grade of maturity joined the algobox, which is a plague for the more adult guys since "kids-stuff" and "adults-stuff" is freely mixed together, resulting in both parties(if the MR-fans would actually care) beeing annoyed of seeing tons of scenes not belonging to your area of interrest. And since 90% of the standart rules were deleted back then(excepting the more serious ones) the algobox sorta went nuts and turned into an arnachy were everyone does what he wants without any care. I miss the times when Text scenes and other stuff that wont do anything were forbidden, causing the scenes lists to be nice and clean. Now you only see marbles(mm'okay, not forbidden), "algodinguslon results", annoucements NOT by XRay, wierd character share stuff that even I dont understand(and dont want to) and so on
FRA32

Postby faytree » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:42 am

FRA32 wrote:Srly, if the MR kids wanted to start dooing other stuff, they would have started "learning" how to do that stuff themselfes. But they don't. Algodoo is just a place where they can throw every junk in that gets in their head, not mattering about how people will like it, unless they get a subscriber, where they instantly flip and go like "OMG1!!1! I gut Subzcriiba, gutta make txt-scene abut it". No offense, but since algodoo is free, people with a way lesser grade of maturity joined the algobox, which is a plague for the more adult guys since "kids-stuff" and "adults-stuff" is freely mixed together, resulting in both parties(if the MR-fans would actually care) beeing annoyed of seeing tons of scenes not belonging to your area of interrest. And since 90% of the standart rules were deleted back then(excepting the more serious ones) the algobox sorta went nuts and turned into an arnachy were everyone does what he wants without any care. I miss the times when Text scenes and other stuff that wont do anything were forbidden, causing the scenes lists to be nice and clean. Now you only see marbles(mm'okay, not forbidden), "algodinguslon results", annoucements NOT by XRay, wierd character share stuff that even I dont understand(and dont want to) and so on

I agree,FRA32.
If they want to share results, they shouldve just upload it to dropbox and shared it to people who join their camps instead of posting unnecessary scene that doesn't do anything for fun
faytree

Postby Nubman41 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:57 pm

Honestly, I hope this stupid crap dies soon. I am so pissed that 80% of the scenes under the "New" Tab are just absolutely DISGUSTING. Like, I feel so bad for the people who make a very awesome car or a cool game, But seconds later its just drowned with Trashcathlons and CancerBall Races. Just because your dumb, repetitive, and overall God-Awful Marble races have code in it, Doesn't mean its original. Its the same filth Scripted or not. Please, Just please someone just end it all.
Nubman41

Postby FRA32 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:04 am

I would appreciate it if they were at least properly SCRIPTED, but not even THAT is present due to scripting taking efford. I would appreciate it a lot if they would at least put in the efford to make some clever scripts between all that nonsense.
FRA32

Postby Ken3344 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:43 am

I just want to say that I don't want to be seen taking any sides on the situation (despite me being a marble racer on Youtube), and I don't want to be targeted because of that, ok?

I feel like the majority of the people are looking at this from the wrong direction. I think some people want this stuff not in their face when they want to find "the good scenes". The problem that I believe is causing the issues is the sorting algorithm, and the fact that it shows the most recent stuff. If the algorithm was more personalized so the people who want high quality scenes get high quality scenes, and the people who want to fool around in Algodoo get what they want, the problem would be solved (or at least a lot less toxic than it is now). I have a simple demonstration that shows the current state of Algobox. Imagine if you go on Youtube, you go to search up something and the stuff you got back is based on their date of upload; that's the current system right now, and most of the videos would probably be low quality. However, if you sort them with an algorithm that uses views, watch time, and weighs those and other metrics against each other and puts the videos with the highest score on top, then you will get videos that have a lot of views, watch time, and are generally what people like, which is what popular is doing. Attempting to make the front page of your Algobox more personalized would be the solution for all the problems we are having, and will stop all the drama. What I'm trying to say is, it's not the fault of the low quality whatever they're posting (probably on poor quality marble sieges by now!), it's the problem of an outdated algorithm and the negligence of updating it.
Hello my name is Kenlimepie. I'm an Algodoo Enthusiast, and Marble Racer. I run a Youtube channel which is about Algodoo Marble Racing, but I am not afraid to design new ideas in this program. https://www.youtube.com/c/kenlimepie
Ken3344

Return to Suggestions