Helo everyone

Suggest changes and improvements to Algodoo.

Helo everyone

Postby vaidas369 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:55 pm

I was playing a long time now, and looks like algodoo stops creating new versions... If anyone could tell me what is going on and why everything is just stops. Please tell me i really want to know what is going on.
vaidas369

Re: Helo everyone

Postby Kilinich » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:05 pm

Emil left algoryx and I think it's hard and expensive to update code now.
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Postby electronicboy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:18 pm

I think emil was actually slowly drifted away from the work, the main issue is actually public interest and income from the project, emil wasn't the only developer working on algodoo so it seemed, they had another guy developing on Algodoo for windows last time I checked.

Algoryx is always rolling out work somewhere, in fact in the past month or two, they recently released "Dynamics For Spaceclaim", which allows people to simulate some physics on 3D cad drawings, and as this product is pulling in money, you can see that it will be treated more important than everything else. In fact, the whole staff board was practically reallocate to this project when they was a bit behind near the end of the release schedule.

So, I think that Algodoo will see some work on it over the next few months, however I can't exactly promise anything as I don't work or even speak to Algoryx staff as much as I used to, however, Algodoo is one of those projects they work on when they have the time and no other projects, so I guess you never know!
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby ukuru.gejacoya » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:00 pm

I keep my fingers crossed and have a dream of Algodoo using javascript instead of thyme for scripting :angel:
And physx/cuda/opencl acceleration!
ukuru.gejacoya

Return to Suggestions