config addition

Suggest changes and improvements to Algodoo.

config addition

Postby hiltropper » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi there.
Problem :
Since hinges do have a hingeConstant value , I use this really often to turn them into shafts . Maybe you have done that before too. If you give it the values
Code: Select all
{
autobrake=true;
distancelimit=+inf;
hingeconstant=1e-007;
motortorque=+inf;
}

and use it to fix two circles, you can have them at any different place, they are linked like they are a shaft.
Example picture added.

What I need:
I want to change the config of Algodoo, to add a new point in the properties box of axles/hinges. It could be called something like "shaftUse" ,a boolean value (true/false) and when it is true
Code: Select all
{
autobrake=true;
distancelimit=+inf;
hingeconstant=1e-007;
motortorque=+inf;
}

happens. If not , values are free.
Don't get me wrong , i know you can type functions into the edit line, but i want this option to be fixed for all default hinge properties boxes and just couldn't find anything in he config file to do that. Yes, it is not essential, but it'd be pleasant! IS THERE the possibility? thanks.
Attachments
Unbenannt.JPG
example
(19.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
yup yup
yuuuuuuup
yupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyyyuuuup
hm... signatures...
hiltropper

Re: config addition

Postby MrGlinzz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Is this a suggestion to the devs? You might be better putting it in the suggestions part of the forums.

You could add a user-defined variable, say '_shaftUse'
Then use an if function to check if that variable is true or false, trouble is you would need to add that variable into every single hinge you'd want that to work for...

Hope this helps.. Somehow? :lol:
MrGlinzz

Postby electronicboy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:48 am

*moved to suggestions*

the use of axles as shafts isn't really supported, and I'm sure it's considered more of a bug without any repercussions than an feature, so I can't see them actually adding this in.

You could always create a function, and set it to change those variables. functions that aren't created in the scene.my. namespace are serialised to the config, so you can either create a function using Algodoo's console, or you can add a function to the config file directly and it should remain permanent.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby hiltropper » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Nah, sorry, but you did not get me right.
I don't want a user interface realisation of what i need because ->
I said I know it is possible to define such functions by myself.
I know how to write that function i need.
I know you can edit a function in the console , or right into the top of a script window.
I also know how to write them into the config.
But as there is no part in the config that shows the default hinge settings which i could modify , i don't know how to refer to this settings.
Because of this the function is deleted every time, does not show up with every new default hinge i create (in its script menue as a boolean) and is way to laborious.
That's not a suggestion that is defenetly scripting.
That's the part where I could use some help from people who already did such things.
I hope i expressed myself better now. Sorry for my inaccurate first post.
yup yup
yuuuuuuup
yupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyyyuuuup
hm... signatures...
hiltropper

Postby electronicboy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:09 pm

To me, what you're suggesting is for the default values for objects to be pulled from the config file, which is sorta a suggestion.

You're wanting to edit/add to the defaults values of a spawn entity?
That would be a suggestion, algodoo has almost every value hard-coded, mainly for ease, as well as to reduce the number noob instances.
One thing you could do, is create a phunlet of a hinge with these default settings, and grab the phunlet and move the endpoints, you would need 2 placeholder objects to grab the hinge for you, but it would have the settings on it.

Could you upload a scene with exact instructions of what you want to do, and the code you've already tried to use, if I still don't understand what you're asking.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Return to Suggestions