Junkyard wars transportation contest 1

This is a forum for Algodoo contests by our users. An official contest forum will be announced shortly.

would you like more contests like this one?

yes
17%
no
17%
maybe
No votes
absolutely
33%
si
No votes
Me gustó este concurso
17%
i have a condition that makes me shout yogurt facts randomly
17%

Total votes : 6

Junkyard wars transportation contest 1

Postby myakka » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:04 am

Hey everyone, its your favorite down home country redneck, myakka. i have taken quite a bit of time off from algodoo to pursue other mechanical and electrical engineering projects. But now i'm back and ready to bring out the funnel and party it up with my fellow algodooists.

today i bring you a contest based on one of my favorite shows of all time, Junkyard Wars. sure it was pretty cheesy at times but you got to admit that you would have loved to have gone on that show.

the main objective of this contest is for you to build a vehicle. to build this vehicle you must scour the junk pile and choose the parts you want to build a vehicle that can cross the obstacle course while carrying a wooden crate. this crate must be placed on the obelisk at the end of the course while solely relying on a device to place it there (meaning that you cannot just drag the box on the obelisk with the drag tool, etc.).

here's the catch.your vehicle must fit inside the 4m X 8m red box provided in the scene. your vehicle must be powered by either an internal combustion piston engine, a steam piston engine, a steam turbine engine or a combustion turbine engine. you must use only the materials provided in the pile. materials may be fixed to each other but not CSG added together. you may only cut 5 different objects in the pile to your liking (meaning that you can basically do anything with that part besides script.).you can use as many hinges as you like, but you may not use hinge motors to drive your vehicle. hinge motors may be used to engage gears, clutches and may be use on your device that places the crate on the obelisk. you may use as much chain and rope as you wish. script may be used to create a spawn object ( meaning like in a combustion and steam engine, you need an object to create water,ect.) scripted objects may only be used in engines. no spring engines. you may use as many springs as desired. collision layers may be changed. no thrusters. lasers are allowed, but scripted lasers are only allowed for use in engines, all other lasers not used in an engine are decorative. lasers are provided in the junk pile and can be recolored and re-sized. no objects in the pile may be re-sized except for lasers and your chosen 5 objects.water must be used in both combustion engines,and steam engines. steam engines may spawn water for use as steam, but combustion engines must have a separate water tank for use as fuel. if you have questions about the rules please comment below.

judging will be based on: use of materials, look, performance, and creativity.
bonus points will be provided to the contestants if he/she adds a funny cat picture in their comment below.

the winner will win a picture of a funny cat, posted in the comments below.

if you have suggestions, please post them in the comments below.

contest will end on the 29th of september, 2012.
Attachments
junkyard wars.phz
use this scene
(237.42 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
if tomatoes are actually fruit...does that make ketchup a smoothie?
myakka

Re: Junkyard wars transportation contest 1

Postby Benjii » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:49 am

Can i use a spring engine (i don't know how to make an efficient spawn engine) and can i use a scripted gearbox (e.g. when circle 1 is hit by laser it switches to collideSet 2 therefore allowing different circles to touch and change the gear ratios)?? ( :ugeek: )
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes.
Benjii

Postby myakka » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:42 pm

use of a spring engine will be cause for disqualification. so, i will allow contestants to use other peoples engines from other scenes if they cannot design an engine of their own, with credits to the original user. contestants who design their own engines will be rewarded greatly on use of materials and creativity. 8-)
myakka

Postby myakka » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:47 pm

also i will allow the creation of scripted gearboxes,because of the fact that real gearboxes work the same way, although, the gearboxes must only use materials in the pile
myakka

Return to Contests