Ice sculpture contest [editedx2]

This is a forum for Algodoo contests by our users. An official contest forum will be announced shortly.

Re: Ice sculpture contest [editedx2]

Postby davidz40 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:00 am

davidz40 wrote:can I use one piece that consists of few polygons fixated together?

izacque wrote:no. There is no need to.

So hlollow shapes or shapes with dents are impossible to do in this contest? I can't imagine anything non-hollow that's more sophisticated than circle/egg/box/square etc. :?
Phundamentalist
davidz40

Postby thebeech » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:28 pm

well we could use multiple layers, all of different collision groups, and then just set what way to cut them out :)
thebeech

Postby RicH » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks for the idea thebeech! :D
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby thebeech » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:31 pm

so far I have managed to make a machine that can cut a circle :P that's it, it would'nt be to hard to cut anything that has outwards curves but things that curve it would be impossible until you can have 2 lasers meeting and cutting out that section:)
thebeech

Postby izacque » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:10 pm

don't glue the block to the background. Cut out a dent and then use a killer to "hollow" it. you can use 0 gravity and high friction to help. I did it, so it works
Last edited by izacque on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
[/post]
Paradigm 29 wrote:I've been trying to figure out why people even buy hummers ever since I found out that they don't have machine guns.
izacque

Postby immibis » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:46 pm

izaque: I suggest you try your own idea before insisting it's possible.
Thymechanic
immibis

Postby RicH » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:27 am

thebeech wrote:so far I have managed to make a machine that can cut a circle :P that's it, it would'nt be to hard to cut anything that has outwards curves but things that curve it would be impossible until you can have 2 lasers meeting and cutting out that section:)

Dude, the circle is probably the easiest one to make -.-
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby thebeech » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:41 pm

RicH wrote:
thebeech wrote:so far I have managed to make a machine that can cut a circle :P that's it, it would'nt be to hard to cut anything that has outwards curves but things that curve it would be impossible until you can have 2 lasers meeting and cutting out that section:)

Dude, the circle is probably the easiest one to make -.-

yes i know RicH but its all's ive come up with so far, just a test :)but it will be hard to cut out the inside of an objcect wont it ?? well a curve that goes in then comes out again if its just a solid block ?
thebeech

Postby izacque » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:03 pm

I corrected the post that immibis kindly pointed out was in error. I phundamentally created the very thing you're speaking of. So just imagine what you can do with thyme.
[/post]
Paradigm 29 wrote:I've been trying to figure out why people even buy hummers ever since I found out that they don't have machine guns.
izacque

Postby Nehh » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:03 am

I've had a thought - if you start with a block in one piece, and cut it up into several pieces?
The starting block would still be in one piece.
Nehh

Postby izacque » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:03 pm

way to bump a dead topic :problem:
[/post]
izacque

Postby StephenAlverez » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:26 pm

It is implausable for any one to make anything more than a shape from a triangle to a circle, it just doesn't happen, no indenting is plausible, and you can't make a block thats made of more than one piece, so, I suggest that you create a block, made of 100 or more tiny blocks, and make us cut out the sculpture from that. You would defraud cheaters too.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beggining and the end.

StephenAlverez

Previous

Return to Contests