Algobots Tournament 3!!!

This is a forum for Algodoo contests by our users. An official contest forum will be announced shortly.

Re: Algobots Tournament 3!!!

Postby Luilakkie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:29 pm

dude,

flip/flop, who won the tournament cheated, as no normal bot can drive up walls.... (as seen at the end of the video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IkhAUbE ... ideo_title.

maybe you should first check the bots to see if they comply with the rules?

however the video was "kick ass" in a cartman voice
Last edited by Luilakkie on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luilakkie
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Algobots Tournament 3!!!

Postby crytek » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:23 pm

He didn't cheat... He was just lucky. There is nothing against the rules for driving up walls.
crytek
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Algobots Tournament 3!!!

Postby Luilakkie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:03 pm

i looked at his submitted scene and his wheels have +inf friction?
Luilakkie
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Algobots Tournament 3!!!

Postby tatt61880 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:07 pm

I liked the video very much. :thumbup:
NOTE: I'm not an Algoryx member.
Hi, Algodoo lovers. Have you read next topic? Featured scenes suggestions
To translators: English.cfg changelog will be useful (even for me).
User avatar
tatt61880
[Most Helpful Person 2010]
 
Posts: 1150
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Algobots Tournament 3!!!

Postby Nxdt » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:21 pm

LMFAO my bot simply drove up the wall.

Good job everyone else and the video was actually really cool, good job. Make some more contest/video combos later. :thumbup:

Btw, i used thrusters to provide down-force and to make it stick to the ground, this is why it accelerates so fast and can drive up walls.
User avatar
Nxdt
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Scotland!

Re: Algobots Tournament 3!!!

Postby crytek » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:36 am

Luilakkie wrote:i looked at his submitted scene and his wheels have +inf friction?

Well, I guess I forgot to mention to people that you can't go higher than the given amount on the bar. But since I didn't say he couldn't, he didn't cheat.
crytek
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Algobots Tournament 3!!!

Postby crytek » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:37 am

Luilakkie wrote:dude,

flip/flop, who won the tournament cheated, as no normal bot can drive up walls.... (as seen at the end of the video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IkhAUbE ... ideo_title.

maybe you should first check the bots to see if they comply with the rules?

however the video was "kick ass" in a cartman voice

And also, I did check the bots before I entered them.
crytek
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Algobots Tournament 3!!!

Postby tatt61880 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:49 pm

I suggest you to add URL - which goes to this topic into YouTube detail.
NOTE: I'm not an Algoryx member.
Hi, Algodoo lovers. Have you read next topic? Featured scenes suggestions
To translators: English.cfg changelog will be useful (even for me).
User avatar
tatt61880
[Most Helpful Person 2010]
 
Posts: 1150
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Algobots Tournament 3!!!

Postby Luilakkie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:12 pm

crytek wrote:
Luilakkie wrote:i looked at his submitted scene and his wheels have +inf friction?

Well, I guess I forgot to mention to people that you can't go higher than the given amount on the bar. But since I didn't say he couldn't, he didn't cheat.


it says this in your rules literally in the scene:

No Thyme or Scripting Allowed.
A max Motor Speed of 400.
You can not change any Material Options besides Friction (Max Friction is 2.000) and Density
Luilakkie
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:21 pm

Previous

Return to Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest