Cargo Haulage

This is a forum for Algodoo contests by our users. An official contest forum will be announced shortly.

Re: Cargo Haulage

Postby PhunWars » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Can we use negative damping springs ?
PhunWars

Postby TC42 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:22 am

Nope, you have to use spring strength/damping glitch like I did. (but please make it unique so you're not copying my entry...)
Spambot wrote:Nowadays, memes usually are studied less in the field of biology, but more with the arena of psychology along with sociology. But, the major area of a meme, getting embraced and imitated all the time is what’s at any core connected with any meme.
TC42

Postby PhunWars » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:45 am

Don't worry my engine doesn't use springs anymore :)
PhunWars

Postby ImaPirate » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:11 am

I initially wanted to use my sixteen point zero length spring engine in mine, but I couldn't get a smooth enough clutch transition to make it work as I wanted. If you guys are looking for speed, you can easily get it through proper gear ratios. ( and weighted gears for accuracy ) A 1:6 ratio, for example, with a drive motor that isn't overpowered will grant you smooth acceleration with a decent top speed.
ImaPirate

Postby jrderksen » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:39 pm

I'm going to enter this, can I change the collide set of the cargo?
jrderksen

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:06 pm

No, the scene may not edited except in the box. :)
these guys are awesome. <- full stop
FuzzyLogicBrain

Location: when online, on the computer. when not, probably on it anyways. ;D lulz

Postby jrderksen » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:34 am

I will be entering this challenge. Can I change the collide set of the cargo so that it works with my vehicle?
jrderksen

Postby Ravenplucker » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:41 am

jrderksen wrote:I will be entering this challenge. Can I change the collide set of the cargo so that it works with my vehicle?

FuzzyLogicBrain wrote:No, the scene may not edited except in the box. :)

Already answered.
TheWonkits wrote:You can't do cartwheels when you're bored. Biological impossibility; they're fueled by joy.

Phundamentalist
Ravenplucker

Postby jrderksen » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:21 am

I just realized I posted the same comment twice somehow. I always end up feeling stupid on the forums... Anyways, I think this is a really good challenge! :)
jrderksen

Postby jrderksen » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:19 am

Is in infinity torque allowed with the hinges?
jrderksen

Postby PhunWars » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:26 am

I think it's allowed because it's a value in the sliders...
PhunWars

Postby jrderksen » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:46 am

Yeah... Thought so.
jrderksen

Postby Someone Else » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:40 am

I used it, and I wasn't disqualified for it. Really, I've no idea why I wasn't disqualified.
Matthias Wandel is epic, in my humble opinion.
I love my brain...
TC42 wrote:Also, your sig is too big, please change it.

ARE YA HAPPY NOW?????

Thymechanic/Phundamentalist

Recently, I discovered something a lot of you probably already knew: Minecraft is awesome.
Due to this, I may not be as active as usual for a while.
Someone Else

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:50 pm

I was disqualified for ONE INFRACTION! Dare is biased. Besides, Dare is not an admin, nor has Under Ground confirmed that he has allowed Dare to judge.
FuzzyLogicBrain

Location: when online, on the computer. when not, probably on it anyways. ;D lulz

Postby Someone Else » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Aha, but that was an infraction that is very clearly against the rules.

My infractions were only a couple dozen loopholes.

Also, I've got an idea for noncolliding suspension. I will use it, the compound tire idea, and the Segway idea in FLB's thumbnail to create a new entry. The entry will also include the noncolliding stilts in my previous entry, but as a stabilizer this time.

EDIT:
Rating: rated 5
Filesize: 0.51 MB
Comments: 0
Ratings: 1
download
Here it is. I did not do any suspension, because the sealed bucket (90% credit to Kilinich on that, at least the collision-based fancy ball-and-socket seal) really didn't mean this needs it.
Matthias Wandel is epic, in my humble opinion.
I love my brain...
TC42 wrote:Also, your sig is too big, please change it.

ARE YA HAPPY NOW?????

Thymechanic/Phundamentalist

Recently, I discovered something a lot of you probably already knew: Minecraft is awesome.
Due to this, I may not be as active as usual for a while.
Someone Else

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:03 pm

Loopholes, yeah, but If you find a loophole in the law of the land and you exploit it you still get arrested.
FuzzyLogicBrain

Postby Frank » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:02 pm

So wait, am I just supposed to manually delete the red bar to pick up the cargo?
Made some cool stuff a long time ago
Frank
[Best Tutorial Maker 2010]

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:51 pm

you just press the enter key.
FuzzyLogicBrain

Postby PhunWars » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Ladies and gentlemens, after nearly a week of work here I am with my awesomeness entry ! Read description on scene before playing :D

Rating: rated 5
Filesize: 0.67 MB
Comments: 0
Ratings: 1
download

So let's see if I respected the rules (just to be sure):
1) Your vehicle must fit within the build zone provided. ---> It fits, and when you press down it gets bigger (as other entries I saw here which were not disqualified).
2) Any circles (Or anything close to circle) must not be bigger than the template given. ---> I used an "empty" circle which is very different from a circle using it as an engine; I put a shaped circle on the vehicle but it's just for looking: it's a little big but it has empty parts, so this geometry too is pretty different from a circle.
3) The given scene may not be altered in anyway or form. ---> Just added a box with the storyboard of my hauler :P
4) No thyme of any type is to be used in this contest. ---> Did not use any script
5) Your vehicle must remain on the ground almost all the time (So no flyer's, hoppers ect.) ---> That's ok
6) All entries must be original, and not copied from somebody else. ---> I worked on this for a week and well, I think it's pretty original, maybe too much !
7) Slider values only (No putting friction ect. up to Inf+. ) ---> Everything is ok and if you notice suspension springs has 100'000 N/m or 10'000 N/m of force: if you move the slider you will find out that, due to a glitch or something, the max value which is INTO the sliders is 100'000 (or 10'000, it depends on the spring) :D So those springs are ok with this rule.
8) Max hinge speed is set to 100 RPM. ---> Ok

So let's talk about it in few words:

ENGINE: the engine has a central hinge with infinite strenght and it spins at 100 RPM (around 10 rad/s).

TRANSMISSION: there are 24 black circles fixed to the "empty circle" fixed to the car with the moving hinge: those circles collide with other 8 circles fixed to the central red wheel, so we have 24/8=3 which means that when the engine spins at 10 rad/s, the red wheel spins at 30 rad/s. Every wheel is connected by the next one with 4 boxes, so we have 5 spinning wheels which is good to avoid the vehicle getting stuck on obstacles.

SUSPENSION: nothing special, except for the fact that I modified them a little bit from the stereotype of usual suspension. The spring of the central red wheel has that strenght to prevent the wheel moving around due to the power transmitted by the circle transmission system.

GUIDING SYSTEM: I used a magnet to automatically place the Cyclotron under the cargo: when the 5th wheel mounts up the steel platform the magnet will put the car in the right place in some seconds ! Automatically :D

OVERALL JUDGEMENT: it's pretty fast but I still have to work a little bit on suspension. I gave a lot of attention to details (e.g. the exhaust) and I'll probably post a newer version with a better engine. I think this should be put in the awesomeness category because it's fast, it has good suspensions, a smart guiding sytem and it's not too ugly to watch :D Oh, and I'm also working on a smooth version !
Last edited by PhunWars on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
PhunWars

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:14 pm

im sorry, but that big white thing is too big :angel:
FuzzyLogicBrain

Postby PhunWars » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:17 pm

What rule did I break ? The "fit in" or the "circle" one ? If it is for the fit in rule well zoom in and you'll see that it fits in the green box; if it is for the circle rule that geometry is not a circle, and if Underground will consider it as a circle I will find a solution easily. Furthermore I think he made that rule only for mechanical parts, while my big white thing is only and purely for looking ;)
PhunWars

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:11 am

Anything resembling a circle, that means, even if it has no apparent use, even if it's a box that goes round in circles that overall circle must not be larger than the one supplied. Yep, that applies to all of us, that means you too muggins.
FuzzyLogicBrain

Postby ImaPirate » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:41 am

FuzzyLogicBrain, are you judging this?
ImaPirate

Postby FuzzyLogicBrain » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:03 am

No, but it looks like Dare has given up.
FuzzyLogicBrain

Postby PhunWars » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:06 am

A box going round in circle ? Are you kidding ? Then half of the entries should be disqualified ! Except yours I bet :problem: I'm waiting for Underground's judge to see if my scene is ok or not, and if it's not ok I'll fix it. By the way did he allow you to judge our scenes ?

Oh but you're the disqualified one ! That's why you behave this way now ! Oh come on, be serious :roll:
Last edited by PhunWars on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
PhunWars

PreviousNext

Return to Contests