Destroy the Castle

This is a forum for Algodoo contests by our users. An official contest forum will be announced shortly.

Re: Destroy the Castle

Postby NilsMolinder » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:01 am

I played around a bit with my entry and it turned out pretty nice, so I figured I'd post it here so you can see what this contest led to ;)
Rating: rated 5
Filesize: 16.78 kB
Comments: 0
Ratings: 1
download
NilsMolinder

Postby NilsMolinder » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Nisheeth wrote:Someone Else had made an entry earlier, but it didn't work in the 1.8 version.
Now I checked it in 1.9.7b and it worked well enough.
I decided not to disturb the Highscores, but his scores are:
Range: 40
Efficiency: 50
Consistenct: 10
Creativity: 15
Total: 115 out of 125 (92%)
Comments:
Good weapon, has an excellent range, excellent aim, and very good damage. Just it lacks in enough creativity!
Had the Beta of Algodoo 1.9.7 been released earlier, he would have held the Third position in the contest!!
Congratulations!

Wait, technically this gun doesn't even fire a projectile, thus it should've been disqualified, right?
NilsMolinder

Postby Nisheeth » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:52 pm

It actually does fire a projectile that remains in a way bounded to the gun. Hence I didn't disqualify it.
Nisheeth

Postby NilsMolinder » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Also, next time you might want to be more specific on the spring/motor powers as well. "Slider values" is a bit unclear and leaves room for lots of loopholes. For example hacing max weight on two blocks, then creating the spring will make the spring very powerful. Then if you slide it to max, close it and reopen it again, you can slide it further.

I like your contests, don't give up :)
NilsMolinder

Previous

Return to Contests