1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

This is a forum for Algodoo contests by our users. An official contest forum will be announced shortly.

1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby igottabomb » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:24 pm

The true test of how good of a car-builder you are!!! Your car must be from the years of 1950 to 1960, there must not be more than 1,000 objects in you car, can be American, European, Japanese or otherwise, must have two movings parts by key command; whether hood/truck or whatever; there is no limit on how awesome it can be, but please don't make my eyes fall out..
Requirements:
.Less than 1,000 objects
.1950-1960
.two key controlled parts
.Realistic Weight and Size
.Shading is not required(but preferred)
. Have Phun! Not Algodoo...

No algodoo, please, PLEASE use Phun.




All submissions are created equal and are endowed by their creators with certain unalienable rights, among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of perfection.

Ends on JULY 1st 2010!!
KiD CuDi
igottabomb
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:52 am

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby sheepborg » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:54 am

ok, i might actually do this contest
unfortunately i specialize in late 60's cars, so this will be an experience

i know what i a doing!
it will be surprising
BTC: 12wcLxBejr6rhCk6WPyVSNmkjwwbxXEvBG
LTC: LQ17UdL71xzLCprSfkoWUQXDXWuHjx2nf9
FTC: 6nfbPuFbtk8uNokYSsVfbzc5393ggxNGDC

polygons > textures

STUFFES:
http://www.algodoo.com/algobox/profile.php?id=4540
User avatar
sheepborg
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:44 pm
Location: North Carolina USA

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Dare » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:28 am

I suppose I may as well enter my Bel Air, because it meets most of the contest criteria! The only thing it doesnt meet is the hood/boot functions. But everything else is perfect.

I don't know how to tag the scene to this forum. Can anybody tell me?
ImageImage
TC42 wrote:Dare, you are creepy.

Official Algobox Admin! Please PM me if you have any issues regarding Algobox.
User avatar
Dare
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:27 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Matten » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:29 pm

I don't know what you really mean but I think you mean how to put the scene in a post.
Well that's easy to do, jsut use the scene tag. So you use [scene]*scene number*[/scene]. The scene number you can find on the scene page.
Cave Johnson wrote:Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
User avatar
Matten
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Nxdt » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:06 pm

Can you mabye expand the year region to 1970. A lot of great cars were built in that period and i don't really know about 1950's car except VW's T1 camper and transporter. (Hippy Vans!)
User avatar
Nxdt
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Scotland!

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby sanderwezep » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:59 pm

can i make the Aston Martin DB4, i'm not sure because it was made from 1958 until 1963
sanderwezep
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby sheepborg » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:26 pm

i thought that the db4 was only early sixties
or was that the db4 gt?


i kinda agree with ndxt, as my range of knowlege is of 65-73 for the most part
but, that can be another compatition
the next in a series perhaps
BTC: 12wcLxBejr6rhCk6WPyVSNmkjwwbxXEvBG
LTC: LQ17UdL71xzLCprSfkoWUQXDXWuHjx2nf9
FTC: 6nfbPuFbtk8uNokYSsVfbzc5393ggxNGDC

polygons > textures

STUFFES:
http://www.algodoo.com/algobox/profile.php?id=4540
User avatar
sheepborg
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:44 pm
Location: North Carolina USA

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby sanderwezep » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:07 pm

on wikipedia they say 958 - 1963
sanderwezep
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Dare » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:11 am

Rating: rated 6.1
Filesize: 252.12 kB
Comments: 3
Ratings: 3
download


Ok then, here is my scene! I made it a while ago, so don't judge too harshly. All weight/size is correct.
ImageImage
TC42 wrote:Dare, you are creepy.

Official Algobox Admin! Please PM me if you have any issues regarding Algobox.
User avatar
Dare
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:27 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby igottabomb » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:28 am

Awesome car, and a fun track! hah, you die at the end! :clap:
KiD CuDi
igottabomb
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:52 am

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Cristianol » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:41 am

I'm doing my entry. Tomorrow will be ready to upload
User avatar
Cristianol
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro Brazil

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Dare » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:00 am

igottabomb wrote:Awesome car, and a fun track! hah, you die at the end! :clap:

Thanks. Suspension may need improvement, but this was my first real attempt at making a proper car, and it was my last. Could you give me a score? 8-)
ImageImage
TC42 wrote:Dare, you are creepy.

Official Algobox Admin! Please PM me if you have any issues regarding Algobox.
User avatar
Dare
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:27 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Mystery » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:34 pm

igottabomb wrote:The true test of how good of a car-builder you are!!! Your car must be from the years of 1950 to 1960, there must not be more than 1,000 objects in you car, can be American, European, Japanese or otherwise, must have two movings parts by key command; whether hood/truck or whatever; there is no limit on how awesome it can be, but please don't make my eyes fall out..
Requirements:
.Less than 1,000 objects
.1950-1960
.two key controlled parts
.Realistic Weight and Size
.Shading is not required(but preferred)
. Have Phun! Not Algodoo...

No algodoo, please, PLEASE use Phun.




All submissions are created equal and are endowed by their creators with certain unalienable rights, among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of perfection.

Ends on JULY 1st 2010!!

Ugh. Blatantly stupid contest is blatantly stupid.

Firstly, you've posted this in the wrong forum i do believe phun has its own section.

Secondly, don't beg users not to use Algodoo that is moronic on so many levels (Look up at the top of every page on this website).

Thirdly, you haven't given any sort of rating apparatus and i doubt you even have one, if you don't tell us what your rating for, we won't know what to make.
User avatar
Mystery
 
Posts: 2802
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:16 pm
Location: Southern Australia

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby RicH » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:37 pm

The Phun Users forum here doesn't have a contest section.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
User avatar
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:01 am

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Chronos » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:36 pm

The contest still sucks, though, for the other reasons Mystery stated.
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
User avatar
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]
 
Posts: 4457
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Californania

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Mystery » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:01 pm

RicH wrote:The Phun Users forum here doesn't have a contest section.

Phun Edition in general
Discuss things about Phun that don't fit into the other forums.

Next best thing.
User avatar
Mystery
 
Posts: 2802
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:16 pm
Location: Southern Australia

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby RicH » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:11 pm

That still isn't a contest section.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
User avatar
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:01 am

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Chronos » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:40 pm

And this isn't a contest. It seems like a make-me.
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
User avatar
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]
 
Posts: 4457
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Californania

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Rrobba » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Many people who come on this forum have Algodoo, so the fact that you have to use Phun might be a bit of a turn-off.
Image
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Nxdt » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Mystery wrote:Ugh. Blatantly stupid contest is blatantly stupid.

Firstly, you've posted this in the wrong forum i do believe phun has its own section.

It doesn't.
Mystery wrote:Secondly, don't beg users not to use Algodoo that is moronic on so many levels (Look up at the top of every page on this website).

Make it on algodoo, then load it in phun. Not that hard.
Mystery wrote:Thirdly, you haven't given any sort of rating apparatus and i doubt you even have one, if you don't tell us what your rating for, we won't know what to make.

Doesn't matter, this contest is for people who enjoy making cars and don't need the attraction of winning to encourage them to enter. I doubt you would enter this contest anyway Mystery and were making cars from 1950-1960 if you hadn't gathered that.
User avatar
Nxdt
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Scotland!

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Cristianol » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:54 pm

Nxdt wrote:
Mystery wrote:Ugh. Blatantly stupid contest is blatantly stupid.

Firstly, you've posted this in the wrong forum i do believe phun has its own section.

It doesn't.
Mystery wrote:Secondly, don't beg users not to use Algodoo that is moronic on so many levels (Look up at the top of every page on this website).

Make it on algodoo, then load it in phun. Not that hard.
Mystery wrote:Thirdly, you haven't given any sort of rating apparatus and i doubt you even have one, if you don't tell us what your rating for, we won't know what to make.

Doesn't matter, this contest is for people who enjoy making cars and don't need the attraction of winning to encourage them to enter. I doubt you would enter this contest anyway Mystery and were making cars from 1950-1960 if you hadn't gathered that.



:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
User avatar
Cristianol
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro Brazil

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Cristianol » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:14 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWGH :?
Last edited by Cristianol on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Cristianol
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro Brazil

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby sanderwezep » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Rating: rated 6.1
Filesize: 150.98 kB
Comments: 8
Ratings: 3
download
sanderwezep
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby Nxdt » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Great car, I really like the wheels.

I'm gonna try make a Jaguar D or E-type. E types are from 1961 so probably wouldn't be allowed.
User avatar
Nxdt
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Scotland!

Re: 1950-1960 Car Builders Challenge

Postby sanderwezep » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:31 pm

another great car from the right period is the corvette c1
Image
Last edited by sanderwezep on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanderwezep
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Next

Return to Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron