Best laser scene!

This is a forum for Algodoo contests by our users. An official contest forum will be announced shortly.

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Conundrumer » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:49 pm

Versieon wrote:And conumdrumer, that type of atractiion has been used for a soft body water ball thing, or whatever you call it, and i use it every one in awhile to. :)

That's Livirius's soft body water ball. The point is, it's not too common.
User avatar
Conundrumer
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Versieon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Your right, it isn't, another was a repultion bomb, but im not sure
User avatar
Versieon
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby RA2lover » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:40 pm

the negative attraction bomb used killers. besides, afaik, you cannot change by thyme the attraction falloff method.

[edit] Back on topic....

Image
Author: RA2lover
Title: ['Doo Only]Solid Fuel Rocket Engine
File Size: 33.39 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage
Jrv wrote:
TC42 wrote:Quite honestly, I didn't think anyone on 4chan has that good a use of grammar, spelling, usage, mechanics, ect.
But I've never been there, so I may be wrong.


GTFO newfgt
User avatar
RA2lover
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Phunie guy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:09 am

Image
Author: Phunnie Guy
Title: Test laser Slasher
File Size: 23.51 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage


a laser idea
will make into a weapon
probably a gatling laser from fallout 3
(only using algodoo demo so will probably look shit :D )
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Phunie guy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:30 am

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Paradigm 29 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:28 pm

Image
Author: Paradigm 29
Title: Algodoo Rover
File Size: 21.08 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage

Beginning of a game.
Image
User avatar
Paradigm 29
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Houston, Tx

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Frank » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:28 pm

Image
Author: Frank
Title: Kinetic destructive laser
File Size: 58.14 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage

Cool non-cutter weapon
Made some cool stuff a long time ago
User avatar
Frank
[Best Tutorial Maker 2010]
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:37 pm
Location: the dark side of the moon

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Rrobba » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:36 pm

Paradigm 29 wrote:Image
Author: Paradigm 29
Title: Algodoo Rover
File Size: 21.08 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage

Beginning of a game.


Well, since this is a game and not something to 'look' at, I replaced the category of 'look' with 'fun' just for this scene.

Fun - 40/45 (very fun indeed. Very good controls. I would have liked it longer and a use for the 'cutting laser' but I understand it I still work in progress).
Originality - 21/25 (quite original. The controls and suspension were used well together, and the combination lock part was something I hadn't come across before, I liked it)
Effort - 25/30 (a lot of effort must have been put into making the suspension, mouse control, self-flip-over when its upside-down, and the scripting for the combination lock part. it was not very long, but nethertheless enjoyable and flawless)

Overall - 86/100
Image
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Rrobba » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:44 pm

Frank wrote:Image
Author: Frank
Title: Kinetic destructive laser
File Size: 58.14 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage

Cool non-cutter weapon


I am just going to give an overall for this one.

I think that weapon is good. I would love to see you make a game out of it. I don't know how you did it, but I like it. I like the idea that it 'pushes' the objects away. It's not THAT impressive, but you've demonstrated a weapon like none that I've seen. I also like how bricks de-attached when they were shot. The controls you put weren't really what I'm used to, but it's the actual scene that counts, so no worries there.

Overall - 74/100
Image
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Rrobba » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Phunie guy wrote:Image
Author: Phunnie Guy
Title: Test laser Slasher
File Size: 23.51 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage


a laser idea
will make into a weapon
probably a gatling laser from fallout 3
(only using algodoo demo so will probably look shit :D )


Overall - 55/100

There isn't much to this. It is a cool slicer, but it can be made very easily, and doesn't do much. If you added a bit more to the scene I may have increased your score, but in its current state it's nothing spectacular.
Image
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Rrobba » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:52 pm

WARNING! Contest closes September 5th 12:00pm (midnight) Central Europe time!
Image
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby standardtoaster » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:54 pm

I hope this qualifies with the rules. ;)

Image
Author: standardtoaster
Title: Polygon cloning beta(Algodoo only)
File Size: 13.57 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage
User avatar
standardtoaster
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:57 pm

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby RA2lover » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:33 am

why my rocket didn't got rated? it DOES uses lasers....
Jrv wrote:
TC42 wrote:Quite honestly, I didn't think anyone on 4chan has that good a use of grammar, spelling, usage, mechanics, ect.
But I've never been there, so I may be wrong.


GTFO newfgt
User avatar
RA2lover
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Frank » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:48 am

Rrobba wrote:
I am just going to give an overall for this one.

I think that weapon is good. I would love to see you make a game out of it. I don't know how you did it, but I like it. I like the idea that it 'pushes' the objects away. It's not THAT impressive, but you've demonstrated a weapon like none that I've seen. I also like how bricks de-attached when they were shot. The controls you put weren't really what I'm used to, but it's the actual scene that counts, so no worries there.

Overall - 74/100

Yeah, don't mind my controls. I'm a lefty so I always use WASD. Even so I suppose they're weird... I guess I'll make some sort of vehicle and course next.
Made some cool stuff a long time ago
User avatar
Frank
[Best Tutorial Maker 2010]
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:37 pm
Location: the dark side of the moon

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby macunixgeek » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:31 am

I just finished this one:

Image
Author: computergeek6
Title: Focused Laser
File Size: 35.15 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage
Thymer
macunixgeek
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Rrobba » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:04 pm

standardtoaster wrote:I hope this qualifies with the rules. ;)

Image
Author: standardtoaster
Title: Polygon cloning beta(Algodoo only)
File Size: 13.57 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage


Look - 35/45 (nothing beautiful, but I love the way the laser 'scans' around the object and then copies the shape).
Originality - 24/25 (very original indeed. I've never seen such a device on doobox. And I have no idea how its done)
Effort - 25/30 (quite a lot of scripting must have been put into this copying device)

Overall - 84/100
Last edited by Rrobba on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Torpedo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:22 pm

I hope you've got at least 64mb graphics and a 1.5 processor cause it just about doesnt lag too bad on my computer lol.

Image
Author: Torpedo
Title: Cathode Ray Oscilliscope MKI hexlaser
File Size: 52.13 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage

97 lasers in total make it function. i think. dont know i might have lost count but thats how many i can remember :lol: ah wait no, 98 i think. forgot the laser range finder zero align laser lol :ugeek:

This one you can give me an originality score for :P
Image
User avatar
Torpedo
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Rrobba » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:00 pm

RA2lover wrote:the negative attraction bomb used killers. besides, afaik, you cannot change by thyme the attraction falloff method.

[edit] Back on topic....

Image
Author: RA2lover
Title: ['Doo Only]Solid Fuel Rocket Engine
File Size: 33.39 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage


Interesting concept. I like the 'fuel burning' idea. You should eleborate and expand on this, I would love to see what else can come out of it. There's not really anything to do or look at, but it was nevertheless
interesting.

Overall - 71/100
Image
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Rrobba » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:07 pm

macunixgeek wrote:I just finished this one:

Image
Author: computergeek6
Title: Focused Laser
File Size: 35.15 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage


Look - 34/45 (I quite like the look of the lens, and how it moves etc...)
Originality - 17/25 (a cutter is not really that original, but its unique customiseable features gives it a good sense of originality)
Effort - 21/30 (I can't imagine A LOT of work was put into this because its not that complex, however the idea and concept behind it must have taken a bit of thinking, and it does have a nice way of 'working')

Overall - 72/100
Image
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Rrobba » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:13 pm

Torpedo wrote:I hope you've got at least 64mb graphics and a 1.5 processor cause it just about doesnt lag too bad on my computer lol.

Image
Author: Torpedo
Title: Cathode Ray Oscilliscope MKI hexlaser
File Size: 52.13 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage

97 lasers in total make it function. i think. dont know i might have lost count but thats how many i can remember :lol: ah wait no, 98 i think. forgot the laser range finder zero align laser lol :ugeek:

This one you can give me an originality score for :P


Look - 38/45 (I like the overall look of the machine, and the 'wave' effect looks pretty cool too)
Originality - 20/25 (I have seen several device do similar things, however none have done the exact same, and none have done it using this method)
Effort - 25/30 (a lot have effort must have been put into the scripting portion of this scene)

Overall - 83/100
Image
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Rrobba » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Oh, Paradigm, I'm curious. What is the name of you're game going to be?
Image
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Torpedo » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:01 am

Glad i got into the 80's, i hadn't looked at the other scenes yet and was hoping to be into the win zone but checking out that scanner copier and seeing how simple yet brilliant it is, that one really deserves the score it got.

If its alright i think i may use that or at least recycle the code in future on further projects, that looks really handy...
Image
User avatar
Torpedo
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby standardtoaster » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:11 am

Torpedo wrote:Glad i got into the 80's, i hadn't looked at the other scenes yet and was hoping to be into the win zone but checking out that scanner copier and seeing how simple yet brilliant it is, that one really deserves the score it got.

If its alright i think i may use that or at least recycle the code in future on further projects, that looks really handy...

Thanks! :) I'm glad you liked it. You can use it in any scene that you wish. It is simple(to me of course). I will be updating it either today or tomorrow to actually clone the rest of the properties. I forgot to do that when making this scene. :geek:

Would it be ok for me to reenter with the same scene but have it clone every property of it?
User avatar
standardtoaster
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:57 pm

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Torpedo » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:33 am

Though its not my comp i cant see why that'd be a problem as ive uploaded 2 now. long as its before the deadline i think its fine... so youve not got long lol
Image
User avatar
Torpedo
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby standardtoaster » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:20 am

Image
Author: standardtoaster
Title: Polygon cloning 1.0 (Algodoo only)
File Size: 450.62 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage

Updated it!!! Now clones all properties of the polygon. Also includes a note for what type of polygons you should use.
User avatar
standardtoaster
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:57 pm

Re: Best laser scene!

Postby Rrobba » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:37 pm

standardtoaster wrote:Image
Author: standardtoaster
Title: Polygon cloning 1.0 (Algodoo only)
File Size: 450.62 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage

Updated it!!! Now clones all properties of the polygon. Also includes a note for what type of polygons you should use.


You've made an already awesome scene awsomer!(I don't even know if awsomer is a word). Anyway your score has been raised from 84 to 91!
Last edited by Rrobba on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Gibraltar

PreviousNext

Return to Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron