Algodoo BattleBot competition

This is a forum for Algodoo contests by our users. An official contest forum will be announced shortly.

Re: Algodoo BattleBot competition

Postby Bronie12345 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:49 pm

to make something clear XD
you must use the IC to controll your robot
you can use the provided thruster to move your robot, that doesnt mean you have to use it
you are not allowed to change the provided parts (ill replace them with the original to check)
When you make a comment at a scene, at least be brave enough to subscribe to that scene...
Don't go into a topic unprepared... Read the whole topic, including all the comments, before posting.

92% of teenagers have resorted to rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, put this in your signature.
90% of teenagers today would die if Myspace/Facebook were completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% who would be laughing their heads off, add this to your signature.
Bronie12345

Postby RA2lover » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:18 pm

so math being done by our own calc units(but still controlled by the IC) is allowed?
what about using scene.my variables(with non-conflitant names of course)?
Jrv wrote:
TC42 wrote:Quite honestly, I didn't think anyone on 4chan has that good a use of grammar, spelling, usage, mechanics, ect.
But I've never been there, so I may be wrong.

GTFO newfgt
RA2lover

Postby Bronie12345 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:24 pm

no scene.my.variables allowed...
When you make a comment at a scene, at least be brave enough to subscribe to that scene...
Don't go into a topic unprepared... Read the whole topic, including all the comments, before posting.

92% of teenagers have resorted to rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, put this in your signature.
90% of teenagers today would die if Myspace/Facebook were completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% who would be laughing their heads off, add this to your signature.
Bronie12345

Postby Mystery » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:37 am

I think we would all appreciate our own variables, our own Calculations and our own computers.
Making a contest where you give us half the solution isn't really a contest.
Mystery

Postby Bronie12345 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:21 am

half the solution?

Bronie12345

Postby Mystery » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:11 pm

We'll you've already made half the robot.
Mystery

Postby RA2lover » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:46 pm

time to reverse engineer that missile then :lol:

EDIT: are calculations involving more than one number but done in the same variable(or multiple ones, but in the same geometry/laser) allowed? and what about if we set custom variables on the geometries and not on the scene.my variables?
Jrv wrote:
TC42 wrote:Quite honestly, I didn't think anyone on 4chan has that good a use of grammar, spelling, usage, mechanics, ect.

GTFO newfgt
RA2lover

Postby RA2lover » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:43 am

dangit - didn't read rules - materialvelocity counts as physical object changing. fail.

still, we need a sample entry.
Jrv wrote:

GTFO newfgt
RA2lover

Postby Bronie12345 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:32 am

i already got a sample entry, but that o ne is slow, so im gonna make one that is smaller, with the same sized engines, so it goes and reacts faster

EDIT:
i have my example ready (with the new rules)
check the first post for the scene where it fights against the other one of its kind.

Bronie12345

Postby Mr_Stabby » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:03 pm

there are 2 kinds of weapons in algodoo - cutting lasers and ineffective weapons, with the limitations on thyme there is no way to incapacitate a properly built bot without cutting them and this leaves no room for more creative weaponry

so i would suggest first no fixjoints rule, only hinges with a determined break limit may be used.
Second maximum collidable object size for example boxes max size in either dimension 2, circle radius 1.
Third no friction/restitution limit inside the bot(projectiles cant have <1 restitution), newtons law+no fixjoints will mean that if it hurts them it hurts you right back and if your bot is designed to deliver a powerful blow without blowing up itself there is no reason not to allow it.. afterall thats sorta what weapons are about.
Fourth spawning/altering mass only allowed for propulsion purposes with a limit that spawned mass cant exceed 10% of its total weight.
Fifth scene.my.<initials><variable> format vars should be allowed because while it is entirely possible to transmit data without these all this limitation does is increase the amount of lasers required = lag
Sixth make the arena larger, with obstacles. This gives much greater variety of viable strategys for the bots.
and finally Seventh (alltho this suggestion might get the most disagreement) homing beacons on both bots make things way too easy, i would much prefer to find the target on my own (options vary from tagging the target with a beacon urself, laser sensors, gravimetric sensors, motion prediction or in short all the fun stuff about AIs) this would also open up possibilitys like decoys and actually making a clever bot.
Mr_Stabby

Postby Bronie12345 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:37 pm

i WILL implement some/all of your suggestions.
this almost means that the intire contest will be renewed, but thats not a big problem...
so, ill be working on it now (you'll see the first post changing in a while)

Bronie12345

Postby Rrobba » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:23 pm

Seems interesting.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]

Previous

Return to Contests