DIFFERENT TYPES OF WALKERS PLZ REEEEAD!!

Post your tutorials here.

DIFFERENT TYPES OF WALKERS PLZ REEEEAD!!

Postby blabla » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:53 pm

alright, im stumped. ive tried making countles walkers and either given up or theyve failed. so, does anyone know how to make one of those loop walkers (the ones with a cirlce in the middle and two semicircles placed on either side ). if anyone could help id be rly thankful.

by the way, if you dont know what im talking about, tell me and ill upload a bad version of the walker. thanks!!!
blabla

Re: DIFFERENT TYPES OF WALKERS PLZ REEEEAD!!

Postby Chronos » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Wrong section to post this in. Should be in the help section. Also, type properly, I can hardly understand you. Upload that scene. It helps.
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby blabla » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Chronos wrote:Wrong section to post this in. Should be in the help section. Also, type properly, I can hardly understand you. Upload that scene. It helps.

sheeeesh calm down, i just made an account. i dont know the forums by heart! i dont need a lecture man, your not my mother! heres the link to the scene (it the players legs, hightlight them and you should see them mechanism)-
http://www.algodoo.com/algobox/details.php?id=52987
and id rather you didnt help me than you give me a hard time cus im not speakin formally and cant be bothered to go through exploring the forums
blabla

Postby Chronos » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:53 pm

blabla wrote:
Chronos wrote:Wrong section to post this in. Should be in the help section. Also, type properly, I can hardly understand you. Upload that scene. It helps.

sheeeesh calm down, i just made an account. i dont know the forums by heart! i dont need a lecture man, your not my mother! heres the link to the scene (it the players legs, hightlight them and you should see them mechanism)-
and id rather you didnt help me than you give me a hard time cus im not speakin formally and cant be bothered to go through exploring the forums

Well it's mostly because there are so many people doing the exact same thing you do, it gets really annoying after a while.

Also, try reverse-engineering that scene. You'll learn a lot.
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby Dare » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:37 am

blabla wrote:

Why does he need to calm down? What has he done to make you think he is overexcited and/or annoyed at you?

He's not lecturing you, he's guiding you to the right place and trying to help you.

He's certainly not giving you a "hard time", where did that come from?
ImageImage
TC42 wrote:Dare, you are creepy.

Official Algobox Admin! Please PM me if you have any issues regarding Algobox.
Dare

Postby Under Ground » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:07 am

And by the way, he is your mother.
Under Ground

Postby TC42 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:05 pm

I swear I should sig that...

First of all, grammar, grammar, grammar. ican haredly telll wat ur sayin whe nyou typ like ths ..
:D
Second of all, reverse-engineer every scene with something that walks in it. Just search the algobox for "walker" and you will get hundreds of results. Yes, you should reverse-engineer every one of them.

Third (???) of all, you have to keep going, even if it means re-engineering the same walker 4000 times. Eventually, you will learn how to build a proper walker.

And for Chronyboy, that is calm.
Spambot wrote:Nowadays, memes usually are studied less in the field of biology, but more with the arena of psychology along with sociology. But, the major area of a meme, getting embraced and imitated all the time is what’s at any core connected with any meme.
TC42

Postby Someone Else » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Tank2333 has built some very interesting walkers that I have actually built some [two] based on them. Mine, of course, don't work as well as his, but I have only built four walkers in my life. Two of those were bipedal and both were based on Tank's mechanism. The main difference is, mine have no suspension but try to not use anything collision-based. The first one still had a cam, the second manages to use only hinges.

They are stabilized in two ways- spring-loaded counterweights (which are also inspired by Tank) and padded feet- solid boxes with small boxes hinged to either end in multiple places.

And my future walkers will be powered by a collision-based speed-adjustable hinge, that will change speed slow enough that you can actually have it stay upright.

And if you have Algodoo and your walkers like to fall down, you can open the script menu of one of the parts and make inertiaMultiplier = +inf. This will never fall down. But it will not work in Phun.
Matthias Wandel is epic, in my humble opinion.
I love my brain...
TC42 wrote:Also, your sig is too big, please change it.

ARE YA HAPPY NOW?????

Thymechanic/Phundamentalist

Recently, I discovered something a lot of you probably already knew: Minecraft is awesome.
Due to this, I may not be as active as usual for a while.
Someone Else

Return to Tutorials