how to make a car with realistic weight?

Post your tutorials here.

how to make a car with realistic weight?

Postby jakedmoon » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:49 pm

im trying to make my new car have realistic weight and i can get the weight right but when i try to make a suspension for it it always freaks out

i try to make really strong springs but it makes it seem like the springs have -2.000 damping

i also try to use lots of weaker springs but it does the same thing

how do i make good suspension for a realistic weight car?
Ουλές αποτελούν απόδειξη ότι το παρελθόν υπήρχε.
jakedmoon

Re: how to make a car with realistic weight?

Postby davidz40 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Maybe try using stretching hinges. They always return to correct position. And don't forget that spring strength depends on weight of objects it's attached to, so suspension parts should have significant weight compared to the car.
Phundamentalist
davidz40

Re: how to make a car with realistic weight?

Postby TC42 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:53 pm

One thing I sometimes do with suspension (especially piston suspension) is to increase the spring length and/or the strength. If you're worried about it looking good, make the working spring transparent and put a dummy spring over it.

Or you could just add multiples of the same spring on top of itself to make it stronger.
Spambot wrote:Nowadays, memes usually are studied less in the field of biology, but more with the arena of psychology along with sociology. But, the major area of a meme, getting embraced and imitated all the time is what’s at any core connected with any meme.
TC42

Return to Tutorials