Jagged edges with Cut tool--solution

Post your tutorials here.

Jagged edges with Cut tool--solution

Postby TC42 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:06 am

When you cut a rectangle, the normally sharp corners get rounded over, leaving it looking rough and jagged. The solution to this is to apply a texture (I usually use the texture 'gold') to the object in question. In some odd bug, the corners now snap back to being sharp, non-jagged, and non-rounded, as they should be.

Is this common knowledge, is is it just me? :D
Spambot wrote:Nowadays, memes usually are studied less in the field of biology, but more with the arena of psychology along with sociology. But, the major area of a meme, getting embraced and imitated all the time is what’s at any core connected with any meme.
TC42

Re: Jagged edges with Cut tool--solution

Postby nightfox26 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:06 am

I knew that it worked better from a distance rather than up close csg cutting but thanx you really helped me.
That bug destroyd scenes that I worked on
nightfox26

Postby Dare » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Yeh, I've actually noticed the more complex a polygon is, the lower the quality of cut is.

I also figured out using a texture fixes this, but good on you for posting it. It's best to keep polygons simple. If you want something with good detail when your close to it, use more pieces. If you are just looking at it from a distance, it doesn't matter because it can't be noticed.
ImageImage
TC42 wrote:Dare, you are creepy.

Official Algobox Admin! Please PM me if you have any issues regarding Algobox.
Dare

Postby davidz40 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:07 pm

I was always curious why one clean straight cut cannot create just one additional polygon side, but makes whole thing rounded.
Phundamentalist
davidz40

Return to Tutorials