[Help] How to make a Spawn engine smooth??

Post your tutorials here.

[Help] How to make a Spawn engine smooth??

Postby vekenti » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:48 pm

How do I make a spawn engines rpm smooth?? for some reason all my engines always turn out to be no torque and unstable asf rpms ;'(
vekenti

Re: [Help] How to make a Spawn engine smooth??

Postby InsertNameHere » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:24 pm

Try increasing the Inertia Multiplier in the engine's flywheels, like make each of the wheels have the inertia multiplier be set to 10-20, if the RPMs are still very unstable, just increase the inertia! :thumbup:
Epic
InsertNameHere

Postby pnvv » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:34 pm

Look at how I do it, everything needs to be high density (like 400 for pistons and 200 - 400 for flywheels (with inertiamultiplier)). Also don't use lasers to spawn balls because they sometimes create more than 1 and that can make engine unstable.

(/)(°,,,°)(/)
pnvv

Postby icrls984 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:46 pm

I've never used spawn engines before, pnvv what do you mean by the lasers creating more than one ball? Do the lasers hit more than one surface? :?:
icrls984

Postby pnvv » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:57 pm

This takes some explaining. Kilinich told me, but it was a while ago so my knowledge may have dulled.

If you have a circle with an onCollide script to spawn another circle, if it hits something it will spawn 1 circle because you can only hit something once, therefore it runs the script once and creates one circle per hit.

With lasers once it hits something, it effectively acts as postStep because it calculates continuously so if you turn the laser on you get a million circles. Unless you use very low-density balls this is a baaaaaad thing in spawn engines....

(/)(°,,,°)(/)
pnvv

Return to Tutorials