[HELP NEEDED] How to make a proper Rotary engine?

Post your tutorials here.

[HELP NEEDED] How to make a proper Rotary engine?

Postby faytree » Mon May 04, 2015 5:04 am

So, I've been wondering how to make a proper wankel(rotary) engine.
I tried to make the triangle and it's chamber but it didn't end very well.
Sometimes the triangle jammed while moving at high speed(or just.. rpm), and the worst of all... low on torque.

So, I need an expert's advice or tutorial on how to make a proper wankel(rotary) engine ( 4-rotor please ). It'll be nice if you guys could help me out.
Thanks for reading this! :)
waiting for semester break to come...
faytree

Re: [HELP NEEDED] How to make a proper Rotary engine?

Postby pnvv » Wed May 06, 2015 4:03 am

You could look at this one. It's crap, but it works.
Rating: rated 5.5
Filesize: 87 kB
Comments: 5
Ratings: 2
download

I usually don't have the rotor housing collide with anything at all. My method is hard to explain with words, but what I use is basically the rotor is oscillated around using a crank mech, and it collides with 2 gears, one that doesn't move, the other is attached to the rotor. It dont matter how many gears you use - just make sure your rotor gear has 1.5 x more teeth than your stationary gear. so if your rotor gear has 12 teeth than your stationary gear must have 8, because 8 * 1.5 = 12. There are theoretically an infinitely large amount of gear combinations that will work, like 12 and 18, or 16 and 24, or 24 and 36, ect. But I like 8 and 12, because it's as simple as you can go and have it work well. (Technically 4 and 6 will work but I've found not well in most cases.)

The reason I only use even numbers of teeth is because CGears can't have odd numbers of teeth or else they don't work. If you just use normal gears than this doesnt apply and you could have many more gear choices, but I've found CGears work very nicely.

Also, maybe you could post the scene?

(/)(°,,,°)(/)
pnvv

Re: [HELP NEEDED] How to make a proper Rotary engine?

Postby arselkyzer » Thu May 07, 2015 1:34 am

Oh i was actually looking for this. Im gonna gie it a try and see if it will work. Thanks for sharing.
arselkyzer

Return to Tutorials