can you change velocity oncollide?

About advanced scenes, and the Thyme scripting language used in Algodoo.

can you change velocity oncollide?

Postby Ian151 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:47 pm

since there is a new menu that can change the velocity of a circle, is there a variable that now moves a shape in a new direction in an oncollide? And when I was trying to change e.this.speed, it didn't work, but for some reason that command added a new property to the circle called "speed", is this a new way to store variables??

EDIT: Am I doing something wrong with the onhitlaser? I thought you could change something like the color of the object it hit but you can't?

EDIT2:I see a material velocity property now but I'm still a little confused about some other things I said here, including how this property works.
"THE BEST 2 PLAYER SCENE EVER MADE!!!" - ianno
http://www.algodoo.com/algobox/details.php?id=24204
Ian151

Re: can you change velocity oncollide?

Postby KarateBrot » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:21 pm

hmm... i am searching for a way to display velocity without onCollide or laserHit every day but i didn't found anything until now...

but is there a way to add new variables to objects without using onCollide? so that i can otherwise add e.this.speed or whatever.
KarateBrot

Postby RA2lover » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Don't think so :lol:
hovewer, there is some sort of material velocity variable - with my experimentations its like a conveyor belt without moving parts.

You can add variables to objects using lasers too - just remember to use e.laser or e.geom
Jrv wrote:
TC42 wrote:Quite honestly, I didn't think anyone on 4chan has that good a use of grammar, spelling, usage, mechanics, ect.
But I've never been there, so I may be wrong.

GTFO newfgt
RA2lover

Postby Paradigm 29 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:07 pm

Ra2lover is right.
There is no way to change the velocity of an existing object with thyme.
Paradigm 29

Can

Postby blahblah200 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Ian151 wrote:since there is a new menu that can change the velocity of a circle, is there a variable that now moves a shape in a new direction in an oncollide? And when I was trying to change e.this.speed, it didn't work, but for some reason that command added a new property to the circle called "speed", is this a new way to store variables??

EDIT: Am I doing something wrong with the onhitlaser? I thought you could change something like the color of the object it hit but you can't?

EDIT2:I see a material velocity property now but I'm still a little confused about some other things I said here, including how this property works.

Yes - you can use this to store variables and you can use any text you want. This isn't new though because it works in Phun as well!

Hope it helped!! :D
Image<-- Made with GIMP
blahblah200

Return to Thyme scripting