Spanw engine help

About advanced scenes, and the Thyme scripting language used in Algodoo.

Spanw engine help

Postby Rideg » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:16 pm

Hello, I'm trying to build a spawn engine that uses three spawners (left, right, middle). the density varies in the difference to the wanted height(scene.my.posdif = e.pos(1) - 10). It doesn't work as it should. I'm thinking that it should go pretty softly but instead it starts to jump on the cords [x, 10] until it falls down so a stabilizer function on the left and right spawners(I've tried a density changing method but it didn't work out properly). If someone could teach me how to do this I would be very thankfull. :P
make sure to check out my work.
Rideg

Re: Spanw engine help

Postby Mystery » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:55 am

Try
Code: Select all
scene.my.posdif = (e.pos(1) - 10)

I'm not actually understanding what your trying to do though.
Mystery

Postby Mr_Stabby » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:00 pm

if i understand u correctly you want to produce a variable that controls your thrust depending on your current altitude rite?

try something along the lines of

desiredAltitude=<desired y location>; thrustConst=<the exact density you need to spawn in order to stay still along y axis>; spawndensity=((desiredaltitude-e.pos(1))/desiredAltitude+1)*thrustConst; spawndensity<0.01?{spawndensity=0.01}:{}

that one should ease into whatever desired pos its looking for but might be a bit slow to get there so you can also implement a speedup system by adding

desiredAltitude-e.pos(1) > 1(change to whatever scale your on)?{spawndensity=spawndensity*10}:{}

as for moving a hovering spawnengine left and right ive found that rotating the original spawner and compensating the thrust is much more stable/effective/cpu efficient, i used such system in one of my scenes

Rating: rated 6.5
Filesize: 102.9 kB
Comments: 4
Ratings: 4
download

even tho the system is rather spread out all the thrust control script is in the box with "flight control" letters on it, the rest is just wiring to get the info where it needs to go and to get it applied.
Mr_Stabby

Postby Rideg » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:20 pm

it hovers at [x, 10] and to make it not tip over I need something that could stabilize it.
make sure to check out my work.
Rideg

Return to Thyme scripting