Miscellaneous helpful codes

About advanced scenes, and the Thyme scripting language used in Algodoo.

Miscellaneous helpful codes

Postby standardtoaster » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:31 pm

This topic will be like the extra math functions thread. Instead of posting math functions you are to post thyme scripts that are useful in certain situations. Here's an example.
Code: Select all
Scene.my.IsMouseInBox=(P1, P2, CIT, CIF) =>{App.mousePos(0) >= P1(0) && App.mousePos(1) <= P1(1) && App.mousePos(0) <= P2(0) && App.mousePos(1) >= P2(1) ? {CIT} : {CIF}}

As you can see, using a "mouse over" script isn't very useful for most situations but when the time comes, it can be proven to be very helpful.

TL;DR Post scripts that are useful in certain situations but are usually not needed.

I know that this seems like a somewhat stupid topic, but I think that it could be very helpful. I'll start the thread off with a few of my own. If you have any that you would like to contribute please post them below and I will edit the OP with them. It would also be helpful if you told us what they do and how to use them.

Scene.my.IsMouseInBox=(P1, P2, CIT, CIF) =>{App.mousePos(0) >= P1(0) && App.mousePos(1) <= P1(1) && App.mousePos(0) <= P2(0) && App.mousePos(1) >= P2(1) ? {CIT} : {CIF}};
//Returns true or false and changes the color of an object if the mouse is within a specified area

Scene.my.toBool=(N)=>{N == 0 ? false : true};
//Returns true or false

scene.my.toFloat=(N)=>{N + 0.0};
//Returns the given number as a float

scene.my.toString=(N)=>{N + ""};
//Returns the given value, N, as a string

Scene.my.toInt=(N)=>{N - math.mod(N, 1)}'
//Returns the given number as an integer
//i.e. 10.6(float) scene.my.toInt(10.6) = 10(Integer)
//!! Does not return an integer if given a boolean. Using the built in math.toInt in Algodoo will.

Scene.my.TimedEvent=(WT, C, What)=>{(sim.time - c) >= WT ? {what} : {}};
//Quick way to use a timer. Wt is wait time, C is what part of the object to use as a "dummy", and what is what will happen if true.
//For the "what" you need put curly brackets around it like the example below and you must put e.this/other.whateveryouusedforC = sim.time.

spawnBoxGrid = (offset, numPerRow, numRows)  => {for(numRows,(y)=>{for(numPerRow,(x)=>{scene.addBox({pos = (offset) + [x,y]})})})};

//Spawns a box grid
Last edited by standardtoaster on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
standardtoaster

Re: Miscellaneous helpful codes

Postby standardtoaster » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:51 pm

I forgot about my SpawnBoxGrid function that I made last year. I have put it in the OP and this post.
spawnBoxGrid = (offset, numPerRow, numRows)  => {for(numRows,(y)=>{for(numPerRow,(x)=>{scene.addBox({pos = (offset) + [x,y]})})})}

//Spawns a box grid
standardtoaster

Re: Miscellaneous helpful codes

Postby canadian joe » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:56 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
canadian joe wrote:im just writing this so i can sig it

RicH wrote:Phun's Army.
canadian joe

Return to Thyme scripting