Need information on the loading sequence for object count se

About advanced scenes, and the Thyme scripting language used in Algodoo.

Need information on the loading sequence for object count se

Postby ehx » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:43 pm

...tup
I'm currently planning on a Marble Survival setup, and I was planning to use a counter for the marbles. When that counter is 3 or lower, I'd turn the Killer object into a Teleporter object. I mostly know how to set up everything, however, I was also planning to make the counter dynamic by having each marble increase it when loaded, so I need an object in the scene where I can be sure it's loaded prior to the marbles, so that I can use its loading handler to initialize the marble counter with 0. Hence the question: In what order does Algodoo load objects? What is a failsafe criteria for an object to load before others?
ehx

Re: Need information on the loading sequence for object count se

Postby FRA32 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:23 pm

I am not sure why you would want to do pre-load-scripting, and have to tell you immediatly that there are no scripts capable of running and interacting with stuff during algodoo setup. If you elaborate what the counter is supposed to do and why you think it would need to run scripts during loading, I could give you an effective answer.
FRA32

Postby Ken3344 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:33 am

This script seems kind of complicated and I probably wont be able to answer effectively. Anyways, if you're going to make this a series for Youtube (which I assume you are since this is the kind of thing you would want to post on YouTube instead of Algobox); I'd like to tell you that if something is too complicated for you, it'll probably be too complicated for the viewers. I like keeping the concept simple. Just saying.
Hello my name is Kenlimepie. I'm an Algodoo Enthusiast, and Marble Racer. I run a Youtube channel which is about Algodoo Marble Racing, but I am not afraid to design new ideas in this program. https://www.youtube.com/c/kenlimepie
Ken3344

Postby Xray » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:03 am

ehx -- This doesn't sound too complex at all. But before anyone can give you quality, useful advice or suggestions, we need more information. In fact, it would be helpful to us if you could post a sample scene which illustrates what you are trying to do.

Thanks,
Xray
Xray

Return to Thyme scripting