Density = 0 = Phun Crash

About advanced scenes, and the Thyme scripting language used in Algodoo.

Density = 0 = Phun Crash

Postby Papriko » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:03 pm

The title mostly describes my problem. When I change something's density to 0, unimportant if by hand or via onCollide, I get the error "Segmantation fault" in my Terminal and Phun shuts down. The interesting fact is: when I change the object's density by hand to 0 while the Simulation is stopped happens nothing. It crashes in the moment I hit the space bar to run the sim again.

What now? Should I try to delete the config? I need so or so a new one, I also have the well known water-is-bouncy-as-hell bug and the Water Resetter I saw anywhere doesn't work.
(for that problem I'll try to look myself, please focus on the density thing)
I am currently only using Phun 5.28 and not Algodoo. I would annoy the people on the Phun Forum and not here, but the Forum refused new registrations when I looked the last time.
Papriko

Re: Density = 0 = Phun Crash

Postby Kilinich » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:01 pm

Known bug. So what?
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Postby KarateBrot » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:03 pm

That's a bug in Phun. You only can use density = 0 in Algodoo.

For the water problem you can try to delete the config file. I never had problems with water but the water settings are stored in the config so it should fix the problem.
KarateBrot

Postby Papriko » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:04 pm

Hmm, ok. Didn't know it only works in Algodoo... Thanks for the answer.
I am currently only using Phun 5.28 and not Algodoo. I would annoy the people on the Phun Forum and not here, but the Forum refused new registrations when I looked the last time.
Papriko

Postby KarateBrot » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:21 pm

No problem. Before Algodoo was out the problem was solved with "airfrictionmult = NaN". It's different because it deletes not only the geometry but everything the geometry is colliding with, too. So you have to make it uncollidable before you delete it.
Code: Select all
collideset = 0;     airfrictionmult = NaN

This code should solve your problem.
I read about another solution today. You also can try to use this:
Code: Select all
density = 1e-12

It changes density to 10^(-12) kg/m² and air buoyancy drags the object up to the erase wall where it gets deleted instantly. But the first method is smarter in my opinion.
KarateBrot

Postby Papriko » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:29 pm

Hey, that works really good! Now I have everything I need I guess! Thank you very much, KarateBrot :D

Lulz, first I wondered why it didn't work... I've forgot the e.other., so the object changed itself what had no effect because it was fixed to the background :lol:
Papriko

Postby Rhett97 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:06 pm

I would think the reason it crashes is because its like.. a Paradox... and it causes the engine to splode
Chronos wrote:There's nothing wrong with swearing. They're just words. People just think they have a bad meaning. What's the difference between shit and poo? Nothing. They're the same.
Rhett97

Return to Thyme scripting