Help for thyme scripts

About advanced scenes, and the Thyme scripting language used in Algodoo.

Help for thyme scripts

Postby FRA32 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:13 pm

I am currently making a chainreaction minigame, and I need help with following effects:

an script which makes the executing object scan it's surrounding area(radius 5) for the first-best circle(circles only, if a polygon or rectangle is nearby, it shouldnt scan it), and then saves the position of it in an local e.this._target variable so i can use it for the rest of the scripts.

An on-update script which alters the speed of an newly spawned object so it mooves in a spiral form around it's spawn point, becomming faster a short over time and thus distancing faster from the point the script was executed

If you have suggestions for one of these 2 scripts, please write them down in a comment. Use a general form(like (i)=>{}), and don't care to much about certain values. I will adjust the values inside the script to numbers that fit best for me
FRA32

Re: Help for thyme scripts

Postby icrls984 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:48 am

Um, I think the first script can be achieved by using a laser to scan for circles, um, like
Code: Select all
rotation =
{sim.time}

fadeDist =

onLaserHit =
(e)=>{
    e.geom.materialname == "object_receiving_data" ? {
        e.geom._tpos = _tpos;
        e.geom._tvel = _tvel;
        rotation = rotation + math.pi
    } : {
        e.geom.radius > 0 ? {
            _tpos = e.geom.pos;
            _tvel = e.geom.vel;
            rotation = rotation + math.pi
        } : {}
    }
}

I use materialName as a identification system, different objects in my contraptions are named different things for my lasers do tell what is what - this is adapted from my missile script, sooo...

For the second part, it is relatively easy to make the spawned object move in a circle, and from there have it spiral out. In this particular circle I made, the timeToLive was 10 seconds, but you can change it to any real number without any problems.
Code: Select all
vel :=
{
    [sin(timetolive - 10), cos(timetolive - 10)] * (timetolive - 10)
};
timetolive :=

Well, I tried. If all this fails, let me know and I will try to find what went wrong.
icrls984

Re: Help for thyme scripts

Postby FRA32 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:44 am

I already found out a way to make spirals by now, but nice to see a confirmation of the way I do it. And your way how to do the scanning gave me the idea to store a reference of the scanned object as a variable, and if another object comes and has a closer distance than the previous one, it gets overriden. Thanks for the help anyways :)
FRA32

Return to Thyme scripting