Simple Physics

Forums for educators and researchers to discuss educational aspects of Algodoo.

Simple Physics

Postby Versieon » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:21 pm

Here is a Scene I made that teachers can use to show some simple physics experiments to their class!
The Scene Topic
___________________________________________________________________________________
Author: Versieon
Title: Simple Physics
ImageImage

Simple Physics 2, Linkages
Author: Versieon
Title: Simple Physics 2, Linkages
ImageImage
____________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by Versieon on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Versieon

Re: Simple Physics

Postby Versieon » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:36 pm

Fixed, plus I fixed the scene so all the buttons work.

And what the heck is that?
Versieon

Postby Conundrumer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:02 am

I don't get it. This doesn't teach anything to me.
Conundrumer

Postby RicH » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:53 am

Just to point it out.
How the hell can you teach simple physics with this scene? It's stupid and pointless.

You can do much better by making it yourself.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Versieon » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Im slightly confused, what the first scene does is emulate some of the simulations on the myphisicslab.com page, and the second shows some linkages. The main point was to show the clickable buttons and the different linkages. I don't find it pointless or stupid, and i don't understand your "You can do much better by making it yourself." statement. What do you mean? :|
Versieon

Postby RicH » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:04 am

Versieon wrote:Im slightly confused, what the first scene does is emulate some of the simulations on the myphisicslab.com page, and the second shows some linkages. The main point was to show the clickable buttons and the different linkages. I don't find it pointless or stupid,

The interactivity lacks. I mean, you can barely move things with the drag button(because of the white background), and to me, it hardly teaches you anything because of this.

Versieon wrote:and i don't understand your "You can do much better by making it yourself." statement. What do you mean? :|

You can learn more if you actually just make those in Algodoo, instead of relying on a premade scene.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Versieon » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:58 am

You probobly could learn more by making them yourself, but that isn't neccesarily the point. I did create a topic for this in scenes because of that a while back, but the real challenge is finding linkages to build, i had a heck of a time finding some of them!
Versieon

Postby lollerskates » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:30 am

RicH wrote:
Versieon wrote:Im slightly confused, what the first scene does is emulate some of the simulations on the myphisicslab.com page, and the second shows some linkages. The main point was to show the clickable buttons and the different linkages. I don't find it pointless or stupid,

The interactivity lacks. I mean, you can barely move things with the drag button(because of the white background), and to me, it hardly teaches you anything because of this.

Versieon wrote:and i don't understand your "You can do much better by making it yourself." statement. What do you mean? :|

You can learn more if you actually just make those in Algodoo, instead of relying on a premade scene.

Hooray!

RicH is going around being an enormous jerk lately!

Isn't it nice to have someone else, JRV?

:P
Been here since ~Phun 4.22, but post very infrequently.

I mean VERY infrequently.
lollerskates

Postby TC42 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:24 pm

This must be the most massive bump I have ever seen. The topic died 2 years ago, so just let it rest in peace.
Spambot wrote:Nowadays, memes usually are studied less in the field of biology, but more with the arena of psychology along with sociology. But, the major area of a meme, getting embraced and imitated all the time is what’s at any core connected with any meme.
TC42

Postby Someone Else » Fri May 27, 2011 12:41 am

Don't get too mad- a spambot bumped it.
Pretty smart one at that.

For the record, the sig says it all in this case, and the spambot's name is smithdwsn.
Matthias Wandel is epic, in my humble opinion.
I love my brain...
TC42 wrote:Also, your sig is too big, please change it.

ARE YA HAPPY NOW?????

Thymechanic/Phundamentalist

Recently, I discovered something a lot of you probably already knew: Minecraft is awesome.
Due to this, I may not be as active as usual for a while.
Someone Else

Postby Chronos » Fri May 27, 2011 3:37 am

smithdwsn wrote:If anybody wants to learn simple physics. The most common thing is magnet. You have to first understand the basic functionalities of it. The another examples are switch,bulb etc. First of all read its basic and then understand its mechanism.

I normally don't reply to spambots, but...

Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Return to Algodoo for educators