2.1.0 Visualize Forces bug

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

2.1.0 Visualize Forces bug

Postby Sonic » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:52 pm

I've noticed a bug with the 'visualize forces' arrows in Algodoo 2.1.0. It only seems to affect rectangles, as I've tested it on both squares and circles and they both display fine. It causes the force arrow to hop wildly around in opposing directions while the object is at rest. Also, I've noticed that the velocity plots become basically useless because they hop up and down while the object is unmoving. It also seems to affect the velocity in the script window.
I do stuff and break things. You know how it is.
Sonic

Re: 2.1.0 Visualize Forces bug

Postby jon_joy_1999 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 am

squares are the same thing as rectangles (a square is a box with equal sides, a rectangle is a box with unequal sides). my psychic powers tell me you've got a small object that the rectangle is resting on
BSrac = BoincStats recent average credit
I'd rather be network computing.
jon_joy_1999

Postby Sonic » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:36 am

jon_joy_1999 wrote:squares are the same thing as rectangles (a square is a box with equal sides, a rectangle is a box with unequal sides). my psychic powers tell me you've got a small object that the rectangle is resting on

Any questions?
I do stuff and break things. You know how it is.
Sonic

Postby jon_joy_1999 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:16 am

yeah, can you upload that scene to the forum here, or to algobox? I can't reproduce on my 2.1.0

edit: strike that, I can reproduce this, it's caused by wind I think, although in 0 wind conditions the arrows still show up, so it's a bug
BSrac = BoincStats recent average credit
I'd rather be network computing.
jon_joy_1999

Return to Help / Bug reports