Thyme commands regarding fluids.

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Thyme commands regarding fluids.

Postby toolpot462 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:47 pm

First of all, I apologize for my previous posts. My complaints about the software and the forum censorship weren't meant as a personal attack to anyone, but understandably they were misconstrued as such, and a flame war ensued.

Now for the post. I know you can liquify objects with thyme commands, but I was wondering if it's possible to solidify fluids to a specific shape, or if such a thing should be pursued. If this has been brought up before, I'm sorry, I'm not much of a lurker.

I think it would be interesting for a scene to gather "resources", like, say, little misshapen bits, and "melt them down" (liquify with a collision based thyme command), pour the fluid into a mold, and then re-solidify it into a desired shape with a similar collision based command.

edit - this should probably be moved to suggestions.
toolpot462

Re: Thyme commands regarding fluids.

Postby monstertje3 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:02 pm

It is impossible to freeze water with thyme, you could however spawn a tiny circle for every water drop you delete and do magic with the circles.
Basically, there are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths.
monstertje3

Re: Thyme commands regarding fluids.

Postby racergonemad » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:51 am

Actually, I think you guys are on to something! I know this scene by standardtoaster that clones the rough shape of polygons (not the actual shape with e.geom.surfaces)

Rating: rated 7.3
Filesize: 450.62 kB
Comments: 7
Ratings: 7
download

If you can get the water droplets to replace themselves with little geometries that slightly overlap, like monstertje3 said, and float in the air with neutral buoyancy, and then you scan that using standardtoaster's polygon cloner, then you might just be able to solidify objects. What do you guys think?
My signature is worth a lot of money, So I'm gonna put this stamp instead:
[$20 PER AUTOGRAPH]
racergonemad

Return to Help / Bug reports