view/edit forces and their labels?

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

view/edit forces and their labels?

Postby mrdaviesphysics » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:38 am

Hi,

Newbie here, struggling to find how to view which forces are made 'visible' when you tick the box and how to edit their labels and turn selected forces ON and OFF.
I've tried searching for 'force labels' but nothing useful thus far.
Is it possible to selectively choose which forces become visible and how they are labelled, please? It would make my mechanics simulations so much more useful as a teaching aid.

Secondly, can I display the resultant forces on a body from various individual forces?

e.g. a box with a parachute. I can show the weight, labelled as 'mg' but the forces from the parachute are displayed at each of the anchor points, along with the corresponding 'equal but opposite' forces.
I'd like to show a single 'mg' arrow downwards and a single 'air resistance' arrow upwards.
Can this be done, please?

Many thanks in advance for any support with this.

mrdaviesphysics
mrdaviesphysics

Re: view/edit forces and their labels?

Postby jon_joy_1999 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:02 pm

you need to have purchased and registered the Education Edition of Algodoo, then in Edit mode, it is the third button in the upper right-hand corner (by default) of your screen, the button called Visualization
BSrac = BoincStats recent average credit
I'd rather be network computing.
jon_joy_1999

Re: view/edit forces and their labels?

Postby DrAgon » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Hello, mrdaviesphysics!
the free version 2.1.0 now does contain the
visualization-button, of which jon_joy_1999 spoke. :D
regards, DrAgon
DrAgon

Return to Help / Bug reports