Thyme difference in algodoo

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Thyme difference in algodoo

Postby fox11trot » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:56 am

I am using the trial version of windows algodoo and I have a thyme problem

so i made a madcat mech and ive been working on it for a while and i have this super complicated gun script on all of my weapons and it works fine on phun but it spawns the bullets behind the spawner on algodoo

here is the simplified version of the script cause it is almost endless haha

scene.addcircle({ heterocollide := true; attraction := 3; color := [0.66, 0.31, 0.0, 1.0]; density := 160; restitution; friction :=0; radius := 0.23; airFrictionMult := 0; pos := e.pos + (e.normal * 1.8); vel = [(e.normal(0) * 115 / 1.8) + e.other.textScale, (e.normal(1) * 115 / 1.8) + e.other.controllerAcc]; angle := (math.atan(e.normal(1) / e.normal(0))) - 80.1; collideset := 3; geomid = 10000; impulselimit := 10 });

if this helps i am guessing that algodoo has some different e.normal or something
fox11trot

Re: Thyme difference in algodoo

Postby KarateBrot » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:24 pm

yeah i also recognized that. at algodoo it seems that the normal is pointing into the opposite direction so you have to change the position of you collision event so the normal is the same again.
or just use "-e.normal". should work too
KarateBrot

Return to Help / Bug reports