Aerodynamics

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Aerodynamics

Postby monkey10120 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:50 pm

I wanted to see if algodoo truly had aerodynamics. So I made 3 cars with all different designs. One was just a box with wheels and the others had some right triangles with different lengths. The thing that surprised me is that the box was the fastest. Then I tried it with the air friction at 10 and still the same. This must be a bug or something because there needs to be aerodynamics in algodoo.
monkey10120

Re: Aerodynamics

Postby Paradigm 29 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:57 pm

This isn't a bug... Algodoo doesn't claim to have aerodynamics, therefore it can't be broken. Algodoo calculates air friction only.
Paradigm 29

Postby xplane80 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:17 pm

This is true, there is on aerodynamics in Algodoo. The reason the car with the triangle on it was slower was because it have more "surface area" than the box car thus the box car moves faster.
Image<- Designed by PhysicsGuy
xplane80

Postby Rhett97 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:47 am

But im sure that if someone was to use "Air Friction" Properly they could simulate aerodynamics to a certain effect.
Chronos wrote:There's nothing wrong with swearing. They're just words. People just think they have a bad meaning. What's the difference between shit and poo? Nothing. They're the same.
Rhett97

Postby KarateBrot » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:55 am

Rhett97 wrote:But im sure that if someone was to use "Air Friction" Properly they could simulate aerodynamics to a certain effect.

No that's impossible because air friction force always acts exactly into the opposite direction of the motion. For aerodynamics there need to be forces which are pointing into another direction.
KarateBrot

Postby Rhett97 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:41 am

KarateBrot wrote:
Rhett97 wrote:But im sure that if someone was to use "Air Friction" Properly they could simulate aerodynamics to a certain effect.

No that's impossible because air friction force always acts exactly into the opposite direction of the motion. For aerodynamics there need to be forces which are pointing into another direction.

Hmm... Good point Brot, I didnt think about that.
Chronos wrote:There's nothing wrong with swearing. They're just words. People just think they have a bad meaning. What's the difference between shit and poo? Nothing. They're the same.
Rhett97

Postby RA2lover » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:40 am

negative airfriction goes in the direction of the motion. aerodynamics win :lol: .
Jrv wrote:
TC42 wrote:Quite honestly, I didn't think anyone on 4chan has that good a use of grammar, spelling, usage, mechanics, ect.
But I've never been there, so I may be wrong.

GTFO newfgt
RA2lover

Return to Help / Bug reports