Maximum liquification?

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Maximum liquification?

Postby Fujitsu » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:33 pm

I'm not sure whether this is an intended feature, a missed bug, or a problem on my part, but I've found that it's not possible to convert a shape into water with an area greater than 15.708 square metres. Upon attempting to convert a shape larger than that, Algodoo converts the bottom 15.708 square metres of the shape into water while ignoring any additional area.

Again, I'm not sure if this a help question or a bug report, but I would like to know what's up.
Gimmie money.
Fujitsu

Re: Maximum liquification?

Postby Rhett97 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:37 pm

well there would have to be a limit due to the fact people might accidentally span like a miiles worth of water on a shitty pc
Chronos wrote:There's nothing wrong with swearing. They're just words. People just think they have a bad meaning. What's the difference between shit and poo? Nothing. They're the same.
Rhett97

Postby Fujitsu » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:46 am

I don't believe there's a limit to stop people from cutting a shape into a billion pieces on a shitty computer. If you can accidentally lag up a computer that way, why stop the other way?

And what of people with powerful computers that want several tonnes of water? Or for water to fit in a specific container?
Gimmie money.
Fujitsu

Postby silok » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:46 am

Yes, the maximum amount of water is limited at the moment. It may change in the future though.
Algodoo developer
silok

Postby gradyfitz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:22 am

silok wrote:Yes, the maximum amount of water is limited at the moment. It may change in the future though.

Isn't there a way to change that though :D (thyme), using App.maxSPHSpawn.
Mechanisms: 18 Mechanisms.
Thyme: Tutorial - Variables/Commands List.
Thymechanic
gradyfitz

Postby silok » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:28 am

Yes, that is true, changing App.maxSPHSpawn in the console or config file will allow more particles to be generated.
Algodoo developer
silok

Return to Help / Bug reports