Compressible fluids bug

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Compressible fluids bug

Postby sbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:48 pm

In the change log it says that fluids can't be compressed. Here is a quick example showing that they really can be...

Author: sbrown
Title: Compressible fluids glitch
File Size: 52.34 kB
Rating: Image
ImageImage
admin wrote:I get the impression that this fellow is not best friends with the community since he is trumpeting out the secret phunland community discount to the world. I sense evil.
sbrown

Re: Compressible fluids bug

Postby Rhett97 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:54 pm

Well still i think it would be REALLY laggy if it was REALLY incompressible
Chronos wrote:There's nothing wrong with swearing. They're just words. People just think they have a bad meaning. What's the difference between shit and poo? Nothing. They're the same.
Rhett97

Postby Frank » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:15 pm

I think "harder to compress" would have been better. If you turn off the meta-surface, you see the particles doing some interesting stuff to keep the pressure up. Reminiscent of stretched chains.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED TO STRETCH A CHAIN IN ALGODOO? For a rationally-sized weight compared with the chain, it has to be so dense that it starts to fall through the plane before it stretches its chain.
Made some cool stuff a long time ago
Frank
[Best Tutorial Maker 2010]

Postby sbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:28 pm

Frank wrote:I think "harder to compress" would have been better. If you turn off the meta-surface, you see the particles doing some interesting stuff to keep the pressure up. Reminiscent of stretched chains.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED TO STRETCH A CHAIN IN ALGODOO? For a rationally-sized weight compared with the chain, it has to be so dense that it starts to fall through the plane before it stretches its chain.

YA, they made hinges a lot harder to stretch :clap:
admin wrote:I get the impression that this fellow is not best friends with the community since he is trumpeting out the secret phunland community discount to the world. I sense evil.
sbrown

Return to Help / Bug reports