Why the marbles bounce so much

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Why the marbles bounce so much

Postby Drachenbauer » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:57 pm

I´m trying to create an Angry Birds piggie vdefeating competition in marble-racr
e-style.

This is the fighting-place so far:
Algodoo Scene 1.png
(34.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Question 1:
It has two rotating structures.
Each pair of "shovels" rotates arount the little circle in it´s center.
The "shovels" come out of the ground into the room, move up to the sides and leave the room through the walls.
This works so far, but the Angry Birds-marbles act bouncyer, than I thaught here.
The "shovels" rotate realy slow.
I want the effect, that the "shovels" transport some marbles from the center of the ground up and to the sides andbrelease them to the bottom corners.
This should make them change positions all the time.
But they just bounce away from the "shovel", that comes out of the ground.
What can i do against this bonca behavior?
Now i set the bouncyness to "0" for all objects, but the marbles still bounce away from the "shovels".
Why this

Question 2:
the green piggies should come out of a container at the top one by one.
I want to have the birds get points for each piggy, they defeat by a collision with it.
Each bird should have an own score, shown on a score-panel with the name and color of the bird.
I´ll stack theese score-panels below the fighting-area

I think, I have to work on the script-menu for the hidden circles of my Bird-marbles (because the collisions cause with theese circles, not with the sprite-object of them).
I think, i have to create a score variable for each bird in the event "OnSpawn" (i think, this also happens, if the simolation starts, if not, i need another event.)
Than in OnCollide (also iin the scriptmenu for each bird) it should detect, wich texture the other object from the collision has and add 5000 points to the score-variable of this bird, if the other object´s texture is for sample "piggie.png".
And it should show the value of this score-variable on the score-panel for this bird.

But i´m not sure, how theese scripts exavtly have to look like, to work.

Can anyone help me?
Drachenbauer

Re: Why the marbles bounce so much

Postby Ken3344 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:31 pm

I don't understand, can you explain in more detail?
Hello my name is Kenlimepie. I'm an Algodoo Enthusiast, and Marble Racer. I run a Youtube channel which is about Algodoo Marble Racing, but I am not afraid to design new ideas in this program. https://www.youtube.com/c/kenlimepie
Ken3344

Re: Why the marbles bounce so much

Postby Drachenbauer » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:00 pm

I solved theese problems now my self.
Drachenbauer

Return to Help / Bug reports