stop balls from bouncing too much

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

stop balls from bouncing too much

Postby marblegal » Fri May 03, 2019 8:50 pm

Hi,

I made a marble elevator and the elevator works, but when the balls hit the elevator, even as they are going up the elevator, they are bouncing. They don't have motors or anything, so I don't know why they are bouncing even after they've slowed down to a crawl (they slow down, almost stop when they get on the elevator, but they then start bouncing while on the elevator, like they got energy (I tried making gravity more on them but that didn't help, I also made them wood, stone, and default, and they still bounce)

What did i miss? Is it a setting on the elevator pieces or the balls? (I'm just using circle for balls and have tried different sizes, they all bounce too much)
marblegal

Re: stop balls from bouncing too much

Postby FRA32 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:11 pm

If you used scripted objects anywhere in the scene, there is a chance you could have affected the bottom plane or any glued object with
velocity, thus causing the entire scene to start bouncing.

Try looking at all scripts in your scene that change the velocity of objects and make sure they can't trigger when hitting glued objects. That should fix the issue if its caused by scripts.
FRA32

Re: stop balls from bouncing too much

Postby Ken3344 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:39 pm

Can I have the scene? I think there is something external causing it.
Hello my name is Kenlimepie. I'm an Algodoo Enthusiast, and Marble Racer. I run a Youtube channel which is about Algodoo Marble Racing, but I am not afraid to design new ideas in this program. https://www.youtube.com/c/kenlimepie
Ken3344

Return to Help / Bug reports