Ban Appeal Request

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Ban Appeal Request

Postby CakeAndLemons » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:28 am

Hello, I'm going to get straight to the point, I was banned I think earlier on today for complaining in those Alglicoslathon whatever you call them scenes about how they were 'trash' and 'low effort.' I've had Algodoo for a few years now but have only just now created an account. Got sick of seeing spam in Algobox, got a bad idea and little sleep. Decided to flame people for posting those Algo-whatever scenes and those 'For This Person.' Scenes. I guess I just reached breaking point and broke. DIdn't think about how that stuff could hurt people emotionally and continued to insult people and their work. If I am granted my account privileges back I promise to never insult other people or their work and I will obey the terms of service to the best of my ability, but God did I want to quote work when I typed it earlier.
CakeAndLemons

Re: Ban Appeal Request

Postby FRA32 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:34 am

It was a really strange coincidence! When I noticed you mentioning me, I checked that one scene and saw your comments. After I replied and reloaded, all your comments were gone all of the sudden! I know exactly how it feels to reach that breaking point, most of us did and released the tension in various ways(often including abandoning algobox entirely). I hope your request will be accepted, and you will find a method of dealing with with this specical type of hell without getting someone else angery in the proccess :lol:
FRA32

Postby CakeAndLemons » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:41 am

Hi Fra! Yeah, probably not the best way to break :lol: . Long story short, saw your scene addressing those scenes and mentioning how you were moving away from Algobox, got even madder, keyboard warrior mode engaged. Really nice to see you're still active in the community though! I just really wish there was some sort of rule, regulation or something that at least made it so scenes need to be semi-decent to upload. I mentioned you, not sure how much, but I believe I said something along the lines of "Trash scenes blah garbage blah FRA32 leaving." Not exactly sure what I expected when I'm insulting people online.

EDIT: Snooping around Algobox Epic and Drew are vaguely mocking me. Prolly deserve it but It just reiterates the fact that these people know but don't care about what the community is currently going through.
CakeAndLemons

Postby FRA32 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:26 pm

They actually believe the "technical group" is a conspiracy against them, trying to push them awayy from algobox because they used to be the sole "rulers of algobox" once lmao.
I frequent the algodoo forum bi-daily to bi-weekly, considering its mostly abandoned and as such, and questions would remain unanswered otherwise. Activity on the algobox is on an all time low, however I sometimes manage to scratch up some idea. I just kinda feel like "someone's gotta watch over algodoo" so I kinda stick around in the background.
FRA32

Postby CakeAndLemons » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:14 am

Really? Is it that bad? It's been going on for so long we've been reduced to a conspiracy? I guess things have gotten pretty bad. Marble races are starting to make it onto the popular page. "Rulers of algobox" seems a bit too vague, how about "Rule of re-used assets" or the "Rulers of comic strips." Pretty sure Emil didn't intend for their game to turn into a comic making software. Can't decide what to make to become a creator, pretty much never used Thyme and not got at mechanics so a bit stuck but managing. Trying to make a walker but I can't get past the leg movement. Any ideas? Gone from bans and complaining about algobox to asking about how to make a walker lmao.
CakeAndLemons

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:06 am

Ok CakeandLemons but do your best to ignore the wasteful scenes and I will end your ban. Thats right I agree with you, those scenes really have hurt the Algobox but the Admins hands are tied though I did manage to get a 3 scene per day limit to help stop the flooding of good scenes off the first page too quickly. And I dont allow the endless repeating signups scenes, they can only make one signup scene per a series. They were starting a new signups scene everytime another person would signup and that would lead to as many signup scenes as the number of people signing up before the series even started. The Algobox is a little less cluttered now but if I had my way none of that stuff would be allowed. Its good to have people using Algodoo as it was intended, like scenes that require the user to hit the play button........lol

Welcome back.
Wild Bill

Postby CakeAndLemons » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 am

Thanks Bill, I'll keep my word. At least there are some measures to hinder these people. For every good scene there are about 10 bad ones. Nice to see the community feels the same way as most of us. Thanks again for the unban, should see some of my scenes soon, working on some mechanical walking things so wish me luck. Never made something mechanical in my life :lol:
CakeAndLemons

Return to Help / Bug reports