severe iPad lag

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

severe iPad lag

Postby stuque » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:46 am

I have a 5h-gen iPad with IOS10, and when I run a simple simulation (like two rectangles connected with axes and swing like pendulums) the simulation runs for a couple of frames and then pauses for a few seconds (yes, seconds) ... and then runs again briefly ... but then pauses again for a up to a few more seconds. This terribly laggy behaviour continues without much change, and makes unusable.

But, oddly enough, if while the simulation is running I drag around the background, then the simulation runs smoothly and quickly without any lag at all!? Any idea what's wrong?

Also, I tested it on an iPad Mini, and the same simulation runs well without any problems.
stuque

Re: severe iPad lag

Postby Emanuel » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:11 am

Hi,

A broken configuration can cause that behaviour, so could you please try to reset the configuration by pressing the gear in the top left corner, then the Reset tab and then press Reset configuration...

If that does not work, have you tried restarting Algodoo, and if that does not work, tried reinstalling it?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

/ Emanuel
Algodoo Developer
Emanuel

Re: severe iPad lag

Postby sschwacke » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:19 pm

Tried all the above with the same behaviour
sschwacke

Return to Help / Bug reports