Robot slides to the left or right

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Robot slides to the left or right

Postby Krodeon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:50 am

As it says, when I create a Linkage(Klann Linkage in this case). I put it on the ground and the linkage seems to "vibrate" and slides slowly to the left and sometimes "bounces" into the air and is lost forever until I undo. Any idea what went wrong?
Krodeon

Re: Robot slides to the left or right

Postby Kilinich » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Krodeon wrote:As it says, when I create a Linkage(Klann Linkage in this case). I put it on the ground and the linkage seems to "vibrate" and slides slowly to the left and sometimes "bounces" into the air and is lost forever until I undo. Any idea what went wrong?

Please post scene file or link to it so we could see what's wrong and fix it...
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Re: Robot slides to the left or right

Postby The Linkage » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:22 pm

What you probably did wrong was leave the collision layers on for everything. Imagine two objects overlapped... when two objects have the same collision layer, are overlapped and are not jointed directly between the two with an axle, they try to separate themselves by exerting a massive force. Select your Klann and go to collision layers -> No self collision. If that does not fix it then post the scene
The Linkage

Return to Help / Bug reports