Scripted water generated very bouncy

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Scripted water generated very bouncy

Postby grantypoo » Fri May 06, 2016 11:04 pm

When I take a rectangle and I liquify it, it behaves as if I expect water would.

For some reason, when I script it, by making a block and hitting it with a circle on an axle, the water is EXCEPTIONALLY bouncy. Totally unrealistic and makes it un-useable. The water just starts flying everywhere.

What's really odd is on that scene if I ever create water again, even by just liquifying it, it is super bouncy, to the point where the water balls go flying every which way when I hit liquify, instead of falling nicely downward with gravity.

Any idea how to fix this? I poked around for the last half hour and all I can find is some references to deleting the config.cfg file which I did, and doesnt fix anything.
grantypoo

Re: Scripted water generated very bouncy

Postby grantypoo » Fri May 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Well now that I ask, I just found another thing which says to do this...

scene.addWater({});
SPH.SetNewSPH;

In the console, however it doesnt do anything. But if I put it in my oncollide scripting portion, it makes the water calm down... but then I generate no water again...
grantypoo

Re: Scripted water generated very bouncy

Postby grantypoo » Fri May 06, 2016 11:13 pm

Well so what I ended up getting figured out is putting this into the oncollide code, and all seems good!

(e)=>{
scene.addWater({
vecs = [e.pos, e.pos, e.pos, e.pos, e.pos, e.pos]
});
SPH.SetNewSPH
}
grantypoo

Return to Help / Bug reports