fixjoint parts move (after fixing and loosening background)

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

fixjoint parts move (after fixing and loosening background)

Postby beamybeams » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:50 am

short story = stuff moves after i fix and loosen a fixjoint to background

-----------------
full story =

hi im pretty new to algodoo but i tried to wait firing all my nooby questions, so i played it for 2 weeeks now and discovered most answers to my questions trough trial and error by myself.

but now i found a thing that looks like a bug = i made a train wagon with doors and wheels and springs and windows ... so with lots of fixjoints to hold the piece together. sometimes while i work on it i use 1 fixjoint to fix it to the background , in pause or play, but now i discovered many small pieces move , although they were fixjoint connected

i thought i accidently dragged the main shape with move tool, what sometimes was the case, but now i discovered that stuff moves a tiny bit every time after i delete a fixjoint with which i fixed my trainwagon to the background. i did it as a test 10 times fix / loose in a row and i saw many parts (not all thou) moving a tiny bit to the right, SO WEIRD, and obviously very frustrating. and some parts move even more than other parts. and the place where i fixjoint the wagon is just a plain piece steel 1 layer . the wagon is larger than real size about 30 meters.

anyone knows if this is a bug or am i doing something wrong? either way what can i do to solve/prevent it? i hope someone can help me because this thingy really destroys my algodoo fun. :cry:
beamybeams

Re: fixjoint parts move (after fixing and loosening background)

Postby faytree » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:23 am

Hey,beamybeans.
Did you use any "Glue to background" and "Glue Together" geometry actions?

Well, It's not recommended to use any "Glue To Background" or "Glue Together" geometry actions when you're using the fixate tool to prevent bad stuff from happening ;)
waiting for semester break to come...
faytree

Postby beamybeams » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:58 am

none of those 2, i never use that because i like to see the fixjoints so i know what is fixed and what not
beamybeams

Postby faytree » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Hmmm, try to upload your train wagon scene. I'll find out what's wrong and I'll try my best to fix it ...hope so
faytree

Postby beamybeams » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:18 pm

ok here 2 saves = before and after

before http://www.algodoo.com/algobox/details.php?id=109131

after http://www.algodoo.com/algobox/details.php?id=109133

i notice now the stuff moves to left instead of right, look at 1 stray star of the usa flag, the laser, some window parts etc. its not only graphic bug the stuff also reacts according to their new position
beamybeams

Postby jon_joy_1999 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:45 pm

your X position is very high, 6.5 kilometers from the origin, such large distances experience rounding issues during some operations, such errors are part of the fundamental float types that are used in Algodoo, and they are not consistent in any form. These errors are the reason why killplanes are located 1km from the origin. Beyond them, well, Here be Dragons.
BSrac = BoincStats recent average credit
I'd rather be network computing.
jon_joy_1999

Postby beamybeams » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:37 am

:shock: :shock: oh, yea makes sense the way you explain it. i didnt know there is a central point / origin. waw i hope this is the cause then i can avoid the bug. THANX a lot :clap: :clap:

========================================

edit = yes i just tested it i copied the train into a new default empty scene, not in my adjusted saved empty scene (where i probably messed with stuff)

it works the bug is gone YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
beamybeams

Postby faytree » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:45 pm

beamybeams wrote::shock: :shock: oh, yea makes sense the way you explain it. i didnt know there is a central point / origin. waw i hope this is the cause then i can avoid the bug. THANX a lot :clap: :clap:

========================================

edit = yes i just tested it i copied the train into a new default empty scene, not in my adjusted saved empty scene (where i probably messed with stuff)

it works the bug is gone YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Good to hear that ;)
faytree

Return to Help / Bug reports