Need Help Creating an Extended Axle

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Need Help Creating an Extended Axle

Postby TheDeerDude » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:32 pm

I've looked everywhere! tutorials on forum, tutorials in algobox, internet, forums, I can't find ANYTHING at all that mentions ANYTHING about extended axles. Maybe it's so simple, and I just don't know how to do it...

Basically, let's say I have one powered wheel, and I want to transfer its rotational power onto another wheel, without them touching, using an axle. Normally I can't do that, because if I join them together (while on top of each other) and move them away, they'll just pull themselves together.

I saw this done on many scenes, it can be seen on "Monster Truck V8 Bulldog Beta 670KM/H" by vaidas369 - http://www.algodoo.com/algobox/details.php?id=94245 where an axle is used to transfer power from the gearbox, directly to the wheels.

How would I go about doing that? how can I create such axle?

By the way, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong subforum, I couldn't find any other one suitable for "Questions"
TheDeerDude

Re: Need Help Creating an Extended Axle

Postby pnvv » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:26 pm

Easy. Create an axle then go to the script menu, and find something called "hingeConstant". Make it very low (like 1e-30) and the axle will stretch much easier. Then give it +inf torque and autoBrake and it can be used as a driveshaft! :thumbup:

(/)(°,,,°)(/)
pnvv

Postby TheDeerDude » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:38 pm

Your signature claims you're the "Official most useless user!" but I'm afraid I have to disagree.
Thank you very much for help!
TheDeerDude

Postby pnvv » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:35 am

No problem. The "most useless user" thing is from another forum where I was jokingly given that title (I started flame wars constantly. That's really the only thing anyone ever did there :lol: )

(/)(°,,,°)(/)
pnvv

Return to Help / Bug reports