Vehicle Suspension

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Vehicle Suspension

Postby dramaticsolarsystem » Tue May 26, 2015 4:21 am

I am making a school bus with suspension, but the problem I'm having is the axle.

I'm trying to have power to the wheel, but instead of attaching to the wheel, it attaches to the suspension.
Even if the axle is attached to the wheel, the wheel just suspends (no pun intended) in air, loosening it would cause the axle to disappear.

Is there any way to have the wheel mobile with the axle?
dramaticsolarsystem

Re: Vehicle Suspension

Postby electronicboy » Tue May 26, 2015 7:05 pm

The losen function is intended to remove all axles, fixates and glues.

Not 100% able to follow what you've wrote, but if you select two objects and then use the axle tool, it will try its best to make the axle between the two selected objects, at least in my experience anyways.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby dramaticsolarsystem » Thu May 28, 2015 6:08 am

I'm using the suspension that looks like a pogo stick, I managed to make the bus move, but the suspension was twitching forward because the power axle went through and caught the suspension.

Any way I can make the suspension stable?
dramaticsolarsystem

Postby electronicboy » Thu May 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Axles have no collision on objects they're not touching, if thats what you're trying to say.

I don't really deal with Algodoo too much anymore, but I'd suggest playing with the weight of the suspension itself if you're having issues with that, Algodoo handles collisions of heavier objects much better and usually increasing the density solves object penetration issues.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby dramaticsolarsystem » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:30 am

This is the kind of suspension I am using. Is it possible to make the middle part not have anything to do with the axle? Yet stays upright and goes along with the body, softening the impact of the wheel? (It has motor)

Plus, the closest I got to is when I got the "six-hole" part of the axle to connect with the suspension, and the center connected to the wheel. But the result is in reverse (e.g. the axle rotates clockwise, but the wheel goes counter-clockwise) and it brakes very slowly even though there is pretty good traction in the wheels (in the current image).
dramaticsolarsystem

Postby pnvv » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:50 pm

It's sort of hard to make out what you mean, but maybe try moving the wheel to the front, then it will attach to the suspension because the wheel will be in front of it. I hope that's what you meant.... :ugeek:

(/)(°,,,°)(/)
pnvv

Postby dramaticsolarsystem » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:07 am

What you said worked, thank you!

:thumbup:
dramaticsolarsystem

Return to Help / Bug reports