Newbie having trouble installing

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Newbie having trouble installing

Postby Xellorf » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:44 pm

Hello there! So yes, I am indeed a newbie to Algodoo, in fact, trying to install it, so first of all, probably want my system specs, so here they are.

Windows 8.1 x64

Intel Pentinum(1.7 GHz And yes, this is a newer Pentinum. It's in an Asus X550CA.)

Integrated Intel Graphics(Yeah, not the most spectacular, I know..)

4GB Ram

Pretty certain graphics drivers are up to date.

And, also, if it matters, I use Comodo Firewall.

Now, the problem. I can open the installer and go through everything else, but once it actually starts installing, the installer seems to completely crash partway through, with just corrupted files pretty much. I've downloaded the installer twice in case it was a bad download, no dice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Xellorf

Re: Newbie having trouble installing

Postby electronicboy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Integrated intel graphics rarely work, however thats not the issue right at this time.

My suggestion would be to disable any running comodo components during the installation, especially if you've got the sandbox enabled in the whole suite.

You can also verify the installer using a MD5 utility, this app appears to be what you'd need however it's worth noting that I have no experience with this app and haven't touched windows properly in a short while;
http://www.winmd5.com

ce07fd6e1e253752ad766cb6668718af Algodoo_2_1_0-Win32.exe
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Return to Help / Bug reports